Raheem Sterling - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope he and Stoneswill play regularly next season. If they won't it will justify that city ruin young English talent. I really hoped that Pep will stick on Sane-Jesus-Sterling and improve them but Pep took conservative approach and still plays ageing Aguero and Otamendi not young Raheem and John. It same as Pellegrini old foreigners not young Englishmen.
I don't know what the stats are but my impression is that Stones has played more than any other back this season and Sterling more than any other forward.

I hope we never pay big for an English player again. Never value for money.

It's crazy that we bought Stones after Sterling. The bluff that surrounded both on here and in the media was ridiculous. That Sterling would ever be consistent or that Stones could ever defend better than at a midtable level - twas all fantasy. And the abuse for any who saw through it!

I hope they both succeed. I have a hunch that Sterling might. With Stones it's just blind hope. 50m+ each - wow.

Will we ever learn?

It's crazy that we bought Stones after Sterling. The bluff that surrounded both on here and in the media was ridiculous. That Sterling would ever be consistent or that Stones could ever defend better than at a midtable level - twas all fantasy. And the abuse for any who saw through it!

I hope they both succeed. I have a hunch that Sterling might. With Stones it's just blind hope. 50m+ each - wow.

Will we ever learn?

Sterling and stones been pretty good this season sterling pulled us through the group stages of champs league qualifiers.

Will we ever learn?

Sterling has proven his worth for a majority of the season. A lot of fans seem to either have very selective memories or have been clouded by the last couple of months where his performances have not been great probably as a result of how much he'd featured for the season but he has 10 goals and 20 assists for a reason. I know someone will say those masks his performances so for those who wants to see for their own eyes, I've compiled a list of key match highlights from all the champions league games that he has played in this season. I used the champions league as its a smaller sample size but you get a general idea of how important he has been and is to the side from these highlights of key events in the games. Outside of that monaco away game he's been pretty much involved in most of the teams best chances in all those games. You would find this to also be the case for most premier league games he's played this season but its the one or two times he wastes a good chance that will be remembered rather than the four or five times he created good chances for his teammates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD1vL8tfvcg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n6B1JjsJOs

As I said, best player for us this season in parts.
Needs to consistently show that he's a good player and improve certain aspects of his game.

Last edited:
Lol, we're already writing off a couple of 22 year olds, are we?

Sterling's got 10 goals and 9 assists. Sane has 9 and 5, admittedly in fewer games. The idea that one is the future of the team and the other is going to end up as a bench warmer is bollocks, imo. I think it's entirely down to the fact that Sane started slowly and finished well, whereas Sterling started well and finished slowly. And like player of the year, no-one can remember the first half of the season when judging players.

Sterling biggest problem compared to Sane and Jesus is finishing.

According to whoscored:

Sterling: 56 apps - 3287 mins - 10 goals - 9 assists - 19 G + A
Sane: 41 apps - 2080 mins - 9 goals - 5 assists - 14 G + A
Jesus: 11 apps - 651 mins - 7 goals - 4 assists - 11 G + A

1000 less minutes for Sane and he's only 5 off G + A and about 2000+ less minutes and Jesus is off by 8 G + A. Jesus has been massive tho regardless of playing Sane-Jesus-Sterling or Sane-Aguero-Jesus he seems to be a difference maker.

In fairness to Sterling he was massive in the first half of the season, Sane started to bloom in the second half, as Jesus joined the team then too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.