Raheem Sterling - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
All stats from Whoscored;

He's been inconsistent but he's had a good season. He can add another 3-5 goals here with no problem. Let's compare that to Neymar who claims he's just had his best ever season:

A bit shit that Whoscored list FA Cup assists as n/a.

A stats site that doesn't have stats available.

For that reason, I'm out!

At the same age Sanchez scored 12 league goals in 31 games and helped Udinese qualify for the Champions League.

Do we only play in the league? I wasn't aware it was our only competition.

Sanchez scored 12 goals and 11 assists for Udinese in all competitions.

Sterling got 10 goals and 21 assists in all competitions.

and helped Udinese qualify for the Champions League.

Didn't Sterling? Do his goals and assists not help us to qualify for the Champions League? Did they not help us get to the semi-final last year? Did they not help us in the Champions League this year?

Do we only play in the league? I wasn't aware it was our only competition.

Sanchez scored 12 goals and 11 assists for Udinese in all competitions.

Well Sanchez only played 2 cup games that season, so it seems only fair to compare league stats.

Just so you know, the Premier League doesn't count penalties won as assists. But by all means continue to do it to pad out Sterling's stats.

Well Sanchez only played 2 cup games that season, so it seems only fair to compare league stats.

Just so you know, the Premier League doesn't count penalties won as assists. But by all means continue to do it to pad out Sterling's stats.

I used transfermarkt for both players. As far as I know the Serie A was not recording assists in 2010/11 so pretty hard to compare otherwise.

But by all means continue to jump through hoops to try to discredit Sterling's contributions, it only makes you look like more of a twat.

Using https://www.whoscored.com/PlayerComparison
In Premier League games for 2016/17 WhoScored gives Sterling and Sané them identical ratings of 7.05 with 7 goals/6 assists for Sterling and 5 goals/3 assist for Sané.
(Not sure if stats have been updated for Sunday yet)

Whoscored stats are completely meaningless. In 2014/15 Chelsea won the Premier League with the best defensive record and John Terry was arguably the best defender in the league that season. Yet the following players had higher WhoScored ratings than him - Marcin Wasilewski, Steven Caulker, Ciaran Clark, Michael Dawson, Jores Okore, Marcos Rojo, Richard Dunne, Eliaquim Mangala, Ben Mee, Jason Shackell and James Collins. https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/2...erStatistics/England-Premier-League-2014-2015

Out of interest, in your opinion should penalties won count? I think it's bullshit that they don't recognise it, I mean someone wins a team mate an unchallenged shot at goal from 12 yards and that's not recognised staistically, come on!

My complaint about Sterling is that he's not consistently as good as he can be (I believe most would agree). Appreciate the effort you've gone too though. Nice one.

Stones would be harder to show highlights of as a defender should be doing it all the time (like Kompany does) Barr the odd screwup. How Pep bought into it too is beyond me. 50m was a joke. All that said as always I hope beyond hope that he improves greatly.

It's the manic over-hyping of an English player and the scale of the transfer that has Stones in the Sterling thread.
You can tell you are a Scot, you are always knocking English players. Would you prefer we bought Scottish players instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.