Basque and Catalan groups protest ''Tourists Go Home''

Denia 35 years ago WAS the real Spain, nowt there except a harbour, a castle, a beach and a few apts, when i want lessons on Spanish tourism i will get in touch with Judith Chalmers....thank you

That might be your problem.... taking travel advice from Judith Chalmers...you are bound to end up in some right dives.

Try Cordoba, Seville or Granada perhaps.. take your Spanish dictionary though.

Maybe if you had visited the" real" Spain your experience would have been much different. Blackpool and Skegness are the equivalent in this Country, would you go there.?
I have had a house in Spain for 20 years, it is a wonderful diverse country, the people are mostly as friendly and welcoming as anywhere.
Good post. Where's your house mate? Donde esta Tu casa?

I live on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales and spend a lot of time walking there. Holiday homes is a real problem. You can't build as it's a National Park, so young locals, priced out, move to bigger towns like Skipton. Slowly the villages die, schools close, village shop closes and, worst of all, the local pub closes as it has no local population to sustain it in the winter. No idea about a solution.
Here's a little story of what will happen in the Yaarrksire Dales/Moors in the coming years
It's the beginning of June and the wind is howling and the snow is coming down as usual, 11pm and fat tight Tyke Yaarksire farmer Seth Hegginbotham is just snuggling up in bed with his equally fat voluptous wife Maude, after 30 seconds of rumpty pumpty they settle back and she lights up a Capstan full strength and Seth lights his pipe
Well my fat jelly like love god what are you going to do at 5am in the morning says Maude,clean out the pig shit from the pig pens then shovel out 2 tons of cow pats out of the cow sheds or go on the local website 'lets rip off Townies' and rent this dump out to some mug for a Grand a week while we kip in the barn
Come 5am Seth wakes up, looks at Maudes heaving bosom and dives back under the duvet, come 7am he's logged onto the website and rented Windy Arse Farm out to some slack jawed idiot from Alderley Edge at a grand a week and 4 pairs of wellies thrown in, fucking bargain
8am Maude gets up, "you fat lazy fucker the cows still want milking" fuck off says Seth im a mover and shaker now like that there Alan Sugar, no more mucking out for me
It's the future, i can see it

I heard that a counter demonstration by Horny Waiters supporting tourists charged the riot police.

Who else will fuck them and buy the beers now?

My ex missus is Basque.

I can't say I have much respect for their cause and that's nothing to do with the fact she's my ex.

We lived in Catalonia for seven years and the vast majority dont want independance, they want the lights to come on when they turn them on.
It seems to be the silent majority dont get heard and I would imagine it's the same with these anti tourist nutters. We now live in Snowdonia and like a lot of these places, take the tourism away and there aint much left.

We lived in Catalonia for seven years and the vast majority dont want independance, they want the lights to come on when they turn them on.
It seems to be the silent majority dont get heard and I would imagine it's the same with these anti tourist nutters. We now live in Snowdonia and like a lot of these places, take the tourism away and there aint much left.

Really? - I refer the honourable poster to the Brexit result

Spain? It does what it says on the tin but I will say this...if you go away from the Blackpool by the sea areas and explore a bit you will find a wonderful country full of history, good food and drink and lovely people. I despair sometimes at people who go to Spain for 10 days expecting to find English style pubs and food. Why not just stay at home?
11018151.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.