Basque and Catalan groups protest ''Tourists Go Home''

Really? - I refer the honourable poster to the Brexit result

He means they don't get heard in general life via protests or campaigns and then when it comes to the actual vote the silent majority is shown.

Of course there were people campaigning to leave but you'd have thought remain was the most likely prior to the results day.

Must be just me then because my idea of a holiday wouldn't involve lying on a sun lounger with hundreds of other pasty Englishmen and women whilst their offspring ran riot around the pool.

I've just returned from a 4 day break in Port de Pollensa in Mallorca. Very enjoyable. Not as much sightseeing as Seville, Cordoba & Granada but there are times when lying on a sun lounger for a few days is just the ticket. Quite a few pasty Englishmen and women but the kids were well behaved.

lo siento pero me espanol no es bueno! Pero yo estudio mucho. Pienso que tu casa es circa un ciudad donde aguillas tambien vivir? Es tu ciudad Merida?

Aguilas es un ciudad en la costa. Es muy linda. No personnes touristicas de brittanicos. Esta en la region de murcia pero esta circa de Andulucia.

I was not wanting to have a go at that guy, but if you were a Spaniard or French and your only experience of England was Skeggy or Blackpool your impression would not be favourable.

I love Spain, and plan each visit to take in something new. Granada and the white villages in October.

I am sure you Spanish is better than mine

Hasta luego.

Aguilas es un ciudad en la costa. Es muy linda. No personnes touristicas de brittanicos. Esta en la region de murcia pero esta circa de Andulucia.

I was not wanting to have a go at that guy, but if you were a Spaniard or French and your only experience of England was Skeggy or Blackpool your impression would not be favourable.

I love Spain, and plan each visit to take in something new. Granada and the white villages in October.

I am sure you Spanish is better than mine

Hasta luego.
Baby?

Must be just me then because my idea of a holiday wouldn't involve lying on a sun lounger with hundreds of other pasty Englishmen and women whilst their offspring ran riot around the pool.

Lying around the Caribbean with a load of Canadians saying how're ya now? and eh? is much better.

11018151.jpg

We all love to slate Blackpool but once they've cleaned up the Burns week sick, at the bottom of that tower is...

..incontinent dancers

This has been brewing for a long time with the Catalans and in Venice too.
I don't know that solution regarding foot fall of tourists but it should be easy to regulate the local housing market.
its funny when you hear people say 'fuck them', I'll take my business elsewhere! Perhaps that cost benefit to the locals of the tourist trade is negative as they can't afford to live where they grew up and this is what matters most to them. Obviously there's a balance but rampant real estate speculation is immoral.

Hasn't the new mayor of Barcelona already vowed to reduce tourist numbers? Seem to remember reading something about it earlier this year

Once the welcome mat is withdrawn and replaced with a Fuck Off Mat, it won't be long before EVERYBODY gets the message and holidays somewhere else. If it's just sun and cheap alcohol that forms most of the equation then Europe has many, many alternatives to the Costas!

Once the welcome mat is withdrawn and replaced with a Fuck Off Mat, it won't be long before EVERYBODY gets the message and holidays somewhere else. If it's just sun and cheap alcohol that forms most of the equation then Europe has many, many alternatives to the Costas!
Very true, plenty of alternatives. It's got to be said though, that the local governments in these areas
are vehemently denying they have any plans to obstruct tourism in the way these people are suggesting.
So, it's not going to affect anything by the looks of it, although it may make them reconsider some of the outlandish
and irresponsible developments that can blight areas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.