Rugby World Cup

Can one of you rugby blokes tell me why England won't pick players who play in France? Seen something on the BBC about it. Is it just an English thing, or do other countries do the same? Or, is it just something to do with the French league? Are England missing some good players because of it, or is it just clutching at straws?
It's backwards thinking to protect the league.

So it's club over country then. I'm not a rugby man, so not my business, I was just interested why. I suppose England are sticking to their principles, but those principles may cost them the world cup. Hey ho.

it has

Ah poor England leading into it it seemed they went all out in the warm ups and left there A game behind them. No heart no soul no plan b or c when it gets tough granted it has a hard group 1 of the teams were going to miss out. With the injuries Wales got you would of fancied England but even after the first game you could see something wasnt right. Think Lancaster will be fired and he will get a huge pay off the English done what Ireland did with Eddie O Sullivan and gave him a new contract before a World Cup finals and failed badly same thing happened with England. Lancasters tatics where wrong all tournament. I think the RFU will reverse the ban of not picking over seas players you are playing with a handicap which you need ever player. I think a total overhaul is needed.
As for Big Gaz told you so the Aussies look powerful that Welsh v Aussies game is going to be a classic hope you guys do well but think the Aussies will have too much for yous. Glad you boys got into the knockout stages. You try and play rugby the right way just like the Irish and have a plan b and c to fall back on when things aint going your way.

As for Ireland a win today against Italy should set up the French game think it will be a close game Italy are strong. Ireland have changed the players again and are rotating all the time Earls could end up playing centre today. No Rob Kearney but our backline with Zebo at fullback , Dave Kearny , Tommy Bowe and Keith Earls all have tries in them. Its going to be a good game Ireland get good quick ball to the backs we could win by 15 to 20 points. Dont get the quick ball it will be a 5 point game.

Only Armitage from the players playing in France would get into the England side so it's a bit of a red herring.
The brutal truth is that England has loads of decent players but very very few top class ones.
Hartley the player was missed but Hartley the thug wasn't and he can't be trusted at international level to keep his cool.
Ciprani is a talent but far too flaky against the top sides and just like James Hook is too much the maverick for a team game.

We wont get out the group.

Succinct and correct.
I must admit, I thought you were crackers when I read that post, a while back. Mostly because I just couldn't see any England team losing two in a row at Twickenham.
I was one of those who thought home advantage and their toughness gained through such an attritional league as the Premiership, would paper over the cracks in this England side. They never did. England went out without firing a shot.
Anyway, fair play. You were dead right.
Would you mind predicting Ireland to win the Final, please?

Succinct and correct.
I must admit, I thought you were crackers when I read that post, a while back. Mostly because I just couldn't see any England team losing two in a row at Twickenham.
I was one of those who thought home advantage and their toughness gained through such an attritional league as the Premiership, would paper over the cracks in this England side. They never did. England went out without firing a shot.
Anyway, fair play. You were dead right.
Would you mind predicting Ireland to win the Final, please?

Ireland were a bit iffy today. Done well to beat Italy in the end and it leads into the France game a win and we avoid the All Blacks. I think Ireland wont play as bad and will be a lot stronger the players are there for Joe to pick from and its about getting the right blend into the team. Some good players in that squad we got.

As for English game its a joke that the English and French rugby football get so many teams into the Heinkien Cup they threatened to leave it and the ERC crumbled and gave both unions. How and why 6 teams each from France and England get automatic quailification into the competition is mad. This is what is sad England should have a team that is 1 of the best teams as should France from the Northern Hemisphere but you cant trust them to do it anymore. I think you look at the Scottish and Welsh and Irish teams it seems all 3 will make the quater finals but only 1 team from Ireland , Scotland and Wales gets to quailify automatically and 1 from Italy with the remaining 3 teams coming from either nation depending on how well they do in the pro 12 its a joke in comparsion. More so when the International teams from 2 of the 3 teams have won the 6 nations the past 4 years while England hasnt won it last 5 years ago and France 6 years ago. Money talks as always in this it seems.

Well done Leighton lad, made hard work of that and I thought Italy played well. However you're through and that is all that matters.Tell you something its bloody hard over here to find any interest in this comp after last night,wasn't much more a week a go ( the arrogant buggers thought we were sacrifical lambs ) Waite till the utd fans see all them empty seats next at city, they'll have a wankfest lol

Ireland were a bit iffy today. Done well to beat Italy in the end and it leads into the France game a win and we avoid the All Blacks. I think Ireland wont play as bad and will be a lot stronger the players are there for Joe to pick from and its about getting the right blend into the team. Some good players in that squad we got.

As for English game its a joke that the English and French rugby football get so many teams into the Heinkien Cup they threatened to leave it and the ERC crumbled and gave both unions. How and why 6 teams each from France and England get automatic quailification into the competition is mad. This is what is sad England should have a team that is 1 of the best teams as should France from the Northern Hemisphere but you cant trust them to do it anymore. I think you look at the Scottish and Welsh and Irish teams it seems all 3 will make the quater finals but only 1 team from Ireland , Scotland and Wales gets to quailify automatically and 1 from Italy with the remaining 3 teams coming from either nation depending on how well they do in the pro 12 its a joke in comparsion. More so when the International teams from 2 of the 3 teams have won the 6 nations the past 4 years while England hasnt won it last 5 years ago and France 6 years ago. Money talks as always in this it seems.

Well said.
English rugby clubs are floundering financially and the two or three are Sugar-Daddy depenedant. Somehow, they have got control of the European game. Shame on the Welsh for backing them, too. Hope they crash and burn next.
(Sorry BG, nothing personal!).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.