Rugby World Cup

Not a great performance today but the team did well to get the result. The kicking game we showed towards the end could come in handy against some of the heavyweights.

Gaz we always do make things hard on ourselves at times. We made a lot of changes and at times we gave away needless fouls at the wrong times. We will learn from it. Always think were short in the centres and thats were we will fail. Shame BOD isnt at his peak with Darcy too as with the others we would of had every chance of winning it. No matter what we will put it up to the French as always we never know what French team turns up but it will be a good game hopefully no injuries.

As for the English game yeah they are depenedant on the sugar daddys its nothing new. They seem to think they can throw money at it and have a great league like in the English football and yet they try and sign up a lot of foreign players yet there young English players just aint good enough. I think he wont last. Its a shame as they had a great chance to have a great World Cup but fucked it up.

Succinct and correct.
I must admit, I thought you were crackers when I read that post, a while back. Mostly because I just couldn't see any England team losing two in a row at Twickenham.
I was one of those who thought home advantage and their toughness gained through such an attritional league as the Premiership, would paper over the cracks in this England side. They never did. England went out without firing a shot.
Anyway, fair play. You were dead right.
Would you mind predicting Ireland to win the Final, please?

Funnily enough guess who I got to win the thing at 9/1 ;)

No offence taken mad4, but what can you do, the days of heavy industry left us years ago. Now we find ourselves with a smaller pool of players, unlike some of our greats I don't care where the lads play as long as playing for Wales is never an issue. But I believe we need a self surviving Welsh league that can provide more players of the caliber that is needed if Wales want to compete at the highest level.
As regards crash and burn theres more chance of JPR being bought a pint in Cardiff than Bale, anyway got a meaningless game against the Aussies to worry about.

got a meaningless game against the Aussies to worry about.

Hardly that meaningless. If I was a Welsh fan I'd far rather play Scotland than South Africa. Best of luck anyway at the weekend I'd rather see Wales go deep than either of the SH teams.

Abendanon is class and would stroll into the England team.

England refusal to pick players abroad is a bit silly, I don't think the exodus of players to France would be that great if they lifted the ban. I believe Wales should openly encourage players to play abroad, it would be a good thing for our naitonal team. Our regions can't and will never be able to compete with the English, French and very often the Irish teams so what's the point.

We need to get the Brazilian football model in Wales where the best players go abroad and a young Welsh player is put in his place, get the conveyor belt going a little faster. Players abroad will be playing at a higher level and domestic players will be playing first team rugby from a much earlier age. Crowds are shite anyway, keeping the best players in this country isn't improving them.

I think any English fan using the overseas player rule as an excuse is just daft.

Players know the rules and there is nothing stopping them from spending a year or 2 abroad then then returning to a domestic club a year or two out from the World Cup to fight for their place in the national side.

I agree with what you say about encouraging players to go abroad and considering Wales, Ireland and Scotland have Kiwi coaches I’m surprised they are not pushing players to give the Southern Hemisphere competition a go.

I was sceptical about the franchise rugby set-up over here, but I see the pros far outweigh the cons and with the competition set to be expanded to include teams from Argentina and Japan I expect those national sides to get stronger.

I think a franchise style competition between clubs in the six nations could work however, that would take serious forward thinking by someone and it would piss off many of the French and English club sides who wield too much power.

Watch out for a plane with a banner going over the game on Saturday, something along the lines of "well done agents Farrell and Burgess!"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.