Celtic game - strict security measures announced (page 34)

I'm not sure about the ID thing but the extra checks will be to stop people turning up without tickets and forcing their way in old school european style I would guess.

It happened at Blackburn v Celtic, too many got in then ones with tickets ended up being locked out.

Perhaps the club have information that MIB's will be mingling with Celtic fans?

Mingling not minging!

Can't see a single problem with this at all
Nope.

Midweek night, the free-flowing traffic in Manchester, 50k converging on the stadium, the clockwork-like reliability of Metrolink, loads of pissed up Celtic fans, City's usual impeccable organisational excellence and a completely new security measure.

No - can't see any significant risks there.

Only those collecting tickets have to show ID. I have bought additional tickets, they all cant have my ID
Just photocopy yours and stick their picture on with blue tac or selotape, none of the stewards at City will notice, I've been fully searched with "the wand" with it beeping at almost every opportunity, but nobody seemed to give a f**k what I was carrying.

Glad I'm not bothering now it'll be a fiasco, but I can't bothered with the M6 closures on the way home and getting home at 2am, for what is now a nothing game, though my ticket will be (well should be given this potential fiasco) used.

Just photocopy yours and stick their picture on with blue tac or selotape, none of the stewards at City will notice, I've been fully searched with "the wand" with it beeping at almost every opportunity, but nobody seemed to give a f**k what I was carrying.

Glad I'm not bothering now it'll be a fiasco, but I can't bothered with the M6 closures on the way home and getting home at 2am, for what is now a nothing game, though my ticket will be (well should be given this potential fiasco) used.
Not back for it either pal. I am back at Northwood. I will watch it in the mess

Nope.

Midweek night, the free-flowing traffic in Manchester, 50k converging on the stadium, the clockwork-like reliability of Metrolink, loads of pissed up Celtic fans, City's usual impeccable organisational excellence and a completely new security measure.

No - can't see any significant risks there.
I5xVnGJRHZZf2.gif

Oh good, an external ticket check, what could possibly go wrong? From City's latest e-mail.

1. To ensure a safe and secure matchday, we have implemented an additional ticket check upon arrival at the Etihad Campus. You will be required to show your Seasoncard, Cityzens Membership card or valid match ticket at the green fence, which is the perimeter line around the campus. Ticket checks will also be carried out for supporter's disembarking the Metrolink Etihad Campus stop. Only supporters with a valid match ticket will be allowed access to the campus and can therefore enter the stadium.

2. All home supporters who are collecting pre-purchased tickets for the Etihad Stadium may do so from the Ticket Collection Unit located on the plaza at the Academy Stadium. We are open from 9am until 8pm on matchday. You can access via the bridge over Alan Turing Way and must provide photo ID when collecting your tickets. Supporters are strongly advised to collect their tickets before 6:30pm.

3. All ticketing enquiries will be dealt with at the Ticket Trailer located on the plaza of the Academy Stadium or by calling Supporter Services on +44 (0)161 444 1894 (option 1, option 3). We will be open from 9am until 8pm on matchday.

4. There will be no tickets sales on Monday 5 December or Tuesday 6 December.

5. Turnstiles will open at 6:15pm, 90-minutes before kick-off.
Cheers City, another reason for people not to bother.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.