Raheem Sterling - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can tell you are a Scot, you are always knocking English players. Would you prefer we bought Scottish players instead?
I'm Irish.maybe by not being English I'm immune to the overhyping of English players or maybe as a blue I'm fed up of us wasting money that could be better used elsewhere.

I like Sterling but I don't think he was worth the money and we need people who are. Stones seems a nice lad too but his fee was beyond ludicrous. We have both now so I hope the succeed but let's not make the same mistakes again.

Only buy English if they are cheap as chips.

I'm Irish.maybe by not being English I'm immune to the overhyping of English players or maybe as a blue I'm fed up of us wasting money that could be better used elsewhere.

I like Sterling but I don't think he was worth the money and we need people who are. Stones seems a nice lad too but his fee was beyond ludicrous. We have both now so I hope the succeed but let's not make the same mistakes again.

You are all the same you Welsh! ;)

There is an English premium, no denying but we need a full squad to compete in the CL and Premier league which means signing English players.
I would rather pay a premium for decent ones like Barry, Milner ,Lescott, Sterling & Stones than buy cheap ones like Delph &Sinclair.

There is an English premium, no denying but we need a full squad to compete in the CL and Premier league which means signing English players.
I would rather pay a premium for decent ones like Barry, Milner ,Lescott, Sterling & Stones than buy cheap ones like Delph &Sinclair.
Milner was as inconsistent as Sterling but less than half as effective. There are precious few true "premium" about that are English. Spurs seem to have most and if they get the money they'd want then most likely they'll not be worth it either.

(Barry was great value and Lescott was the right player at the right time)

I'm done English bashing. Ye are a great bunch (off the pitch). :-)

Doesnt include FA Cup or League Cup though. Transfermarkt has him on 21 for the season in all comps. They count penalties won in assist stats.

Or CL qualification in which he had two assists. FA Cup he got 4. So total for the season in all comps ( without penalties he was awarded ) is 15 assists.

Doesnt include FA Cup or League Cup though. Transfermarkt has him on 21 for the season in all comps. They count penalties won in assist stats.

It's not just penalties they count. There was a goal a few weeks ago where he crossed the ball in and Aguero scored, but because the defender got a touch on the cross the Premier League didn't give it to him, whilst transfermarkt did.

It's things like that. He obviously hasn't won 6 penalties this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.