City set to dominate Utd for a generation

Anyone thinking we'll dominate for ten years is looking through blinkers. I'd like to think we can win more trophies than the rest over a decade but I can't see any club so dominant as Liverpool and united were as the league is too strong nowadays, and there's not too much difference between top 5-6 clubs really.

the key is pep and if he can stay settled in manchester then city will be the team to beat but we all know pep likes a move and then its the transitions from pep to new manager that will be the make or break manchester city in becoming a empire. yes pep set the plans and the blue print for the future but players sometimes don't like change and a new manager coming in sets his stall out just like in joe hart with pep

i will say one thing the premier league is now the strongest league in the world and 6 teams all fighting for the title even midway through this season teams are building for next season and see the gap from manchester city to big to chase down and have set plans for next season so manchester city and pep must not stand still and have a eye on the future and manchester city will be best place to set grounds in getting pep sign up for another couple of seasons

I can handle them being a close second and loosing out to us each year.

Anyone thinking we'll dominate for ten years is looking through blinkers. I'd like to think we can win more trophies than the rest over a decade but I can't see any club so dominant as Liverpool and united were as the league is too strong nowadays, and there's not too much difference between top 5-6 clubs really.
At least 12 points.

I think you're wrong about this actually, we're not there yet but football is definitely becoming a big deal here. When you read stories of the huge growth we've had what you have to remember is that we were starting from pretty much nothing football-wise. When I was growing up you played soccer as a young kid until you were big or coordinated enough to go play baseball or (american) football, there was a non existent domestic league, and no real way beyond some TV channels you didn't get to watch European football. It was a complete non-factor.

Now, our demographics are changing, immigrants from Latin and South America are the largest growing populations in the country, american football is going through an unprecedented concussion and TV ratings crisis, and NBC (one of our four major broadcast networks) has Premiere League rights where we can watch every single game and Fox is starting to show Bundesliga from next season I believe. Beyond that, you can go to pretty much any major city and find a bar showing games each weekend morning catering towards whichever team you support (including the City outpost here in New York, The Mad Hatter... let me know if anyone is ever in town and wants to catch a game) and just in normal conversation and whenever we go out, people talk about the Prem, which I promise was never the case before, ever. I can think or four or five places off the top of my head where I can get a City top within 30 minutes. Domestically even the MLS averaged 22k in attendance this year, which is pretty good for a league that no one had ever heard of or cared about five years ago. It's still a niche, but we're also a country of 330 million people, it still a little hard to find but definitely there.
I was talking to some Portland timbers fans yesterday, they say they sell out every game and there is a waiting list for season tickets

I think Director of Football (Or whatever it is called) has a lot to do with our success and whilst Utd fans might complain that Pep had a ready made team for him it is because City have a continuity of style of football that was present when Pellers was in charge and is benefiting Pep now, and it will be the same once Pep has gone.

Utd have gone from Moyes style to LVG, to Maureen, and each one of them has brought in his own players, and they have ended up with the mishmash of players they have now

So yes Pep did have a better start, that's because Utd have run their club shitly. And they are still doing it, Maurinho is bringing his very own style of players and I dont think he will be around for long, and then someone else big who wants his style.... and round and round hopefully for a generation.

I think Director of Football (Or whatever it is called) has a lot to do with our success and whilst Utd fans might complain that Pep had a ready made team for him it is because City have a continuity of style of football that was present when Pellers was in charge and is benefiting Pep now, and it will be the same once Pep has gone.

Utd have gone from Moyes style to LVG, to Maureen, and each one of them has brought in his own players, and they have ended up with the mishmash of players they have now

So yes Pep did have a better start, that's because Utd have run their club shitly. And they are still doing it, Maurinho is bringing his very own style of players and I dont think he will be around for long, and then someone else big who wants his style.... and round and round hopefully for a generation.

They’ve got Woodward who has no previous football background, I think. He’s spent £600m+ since Fergie left and they haven’t even came close to winning the league, don’t want to jinx it but I doubt that’s going to change this season. I’m surprised that he doesn’t get that much criticism, but I suppose that’s good for us if he’s still at United. The expectations at United next season will be at an all time high, it’s got recipe for a disaster written all over it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.