12,000 Season tickets going begging at The Swamp...?

JM Mcr said:
manimanc said:
Yes the MUGS may have sold all their tickets but not everybody who bought a ticket turned up thus creating the illusion of shiny red plastic seats appearing at the theatre of debt...
As opposed to at the Etihad where empty blue seats were never in evidence in televised games??!!

I'm sorry we talking about about sold out league games city sold out every home league game some weeks before the fixture! As for the scum the sold out sign was a rarity last season.

waspish said:
sjk2008 said:
SWP's back said:
No, we sold out every league last season.

Unlike you guys.

Old Trafford capacity: 75,811
Etihad capacity: 47,805

2009/10
United: 74,864 (98.8%)
City: 45,512 (95.2%)

2010/11
United:75,109 (99.1%)
City: 45,880 (96.0%)

2011/12
United: 75,387 (99.4%)
City: 47,044 (98.4%)

Figures have come off ESPN Soccernet so not sure how accurate.

Seems both averages have climbed season on season.

Every home league game was sold out you can look up statistics as much as you want! It's the away support that didn't sell out that's why we didn't reach the 47k in the stats.

As for the scum they didn't sell out every league game and that's a fact!
I don't understand how he can't get that very simple point.

waspish said:
JM Mcr said:
manimanc said:
Yes the MUGS may have sold all their tickets but not everybody who bought a ticket turned up thus creating the illusion of shiny red plastic seats appearing at the theatre of debt...
As opposed to at the Etihad where empty blue seats were never in evidence in televised games??!!

I'm sorry we talking about about sold out league games city sold out every home league game some weeks before the fixture! As for the scum the sold out sign was a rarity last season.

I remember one game at the swamp where there were plenty of empty seats, can't remember when it was though!

SWP's back said:
waspish said:
sjk2008 said:

2009/10

2010/11

2011/12

Every home league game was sold out you can look up statistics as much as you want! It's the away support that didn't sell out that's why we didn't reach the 47k in the stats.

I know... I don't know who he supports but city fans know this. fans on the outside probably don't keep up to date how our match day tickets are being sold..

JM Mcr said:
manimanc said:
As opposed to at the Etihad where empty blue seats were never in evidence
So i must of imagined adverts in the mani evening news advertising tickets available before home games against stoke,fulham,blackburn.etc....
The thing is because every rag tries to take the piss about empty seats at the emptyhad,to throw the same thing back in their face gets them all upity and brings out very funny hissy fits indeed...

SWP's back said:
waspish said:
sjk2008 said:

2009/10

2010/11

2011/12

Because we have ruined all their myths.The rows of empty seats are one of the last myths they are clinging on to,even though you and I who go to our games know,these people are either in the bar,or its the away section.You just cant get through to the thick twats that we sold out every game bar 1 last season (dont think west brom sold out),whereas they didnt sell out quite alot (think us,l/pool,chelsea and newcastle did),and the seats werent just sold,they had people in them. I just tell them to f off now,coz they bore me.
As for that stat,strange that all attendances have dropped consistantly throughout all the leagues,but city and utd havent.citys definitely better for obvious reasons,but alot of my red mates admit utds have dropped a couple of thousand recently,probably due to the economic climate

SWP's back said:
laserblue said:
SWP's back said:
No, we sold out every league last season.

Unlike you guys.

Utter bollocks. The Etihad's nominal capacity is 47,726. The lowest league crowd last season was 46,321 for a midweek match just before Christmas against Stoke. The only shortfalls were in the away section.
Why are you quoting me when that is the point I just made and you've called it bollocks?

I had just said we sold out every game last season (home support).

Sorry mate. I must have had an attack of brain fade. For some reason I thought your post had been made by JM Mcr relating to rag attendances. Apologies to you (and to JM Mcr) ;)

waspish said:
JM Mcr said:
manimanc said:

I'm sorry we talking about about sold out league games city sold out every home league game some weeks before the fixture! As for the scum the sold out sign was a rarity last season
At the time The Guardians squad sheets were produced (a day or 2 before fixtures), Utd were still showing tickets available for 5 games (Fulham, QPR, West Brom, Wigan & Wolves) with the other 14 fixtures sold out.

City were showing tickets still available for 3 games (Bolton, Blackburn & Swansea), tickets were shown as sold out for another 13 games and I can't find the stats for the final 3 but I'm sure they'll also have been sold out.

Of course this doesn't take account of tickets sold between the articles being written and kick off and I'm sure City did go on to sell out every game but it also appears a Utd sold out game wasn't quite as rare as some seem to think.<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:12 pm --<br /><br />
ell said:
Whats the etihad? dont you mean the emptyhad
Why would I??

manimanc said:
JM Mcr said:
manimanc said:
As opposed to at the Etihad where empty blue seats were never in evidence
So i must of imagined adverts in the mani evening news advertising tickets available before home games against stoke,fulham,blackburn.etc....
The thing is because every rag tries to take the piss about empty seats at the emptyhad,to throw the same thing back in their face gets them all upity and brings out very funny hissy fits indeed...
No hissy fit here mate, just pointing out a fact. Yes Utd advertised tickets more regularly than they had before but the post I replied to was talking about tickets being sold but not used, that did happen - but not just at Old Trafford. I'm sure I even remember some debate on here about empty seats at City games last season, tho I may be wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.