12,000 Season tickets going begging at The Swamp...?

Jesus,JM Mcr is really putting all his time and effort into this thread,he's coming across as somebody who has too much time on his hands and has an unhealthy obsession with ickle old ciddy....
But it doesn't surprise me in the slightest,they arn't called the new bitters for nothing you know!!!

JM Mcr said:
waspish said:
JM Mcr said:
As opposed to at the Etihad where empty blue seats were never in evidence in televised games??!!

I'm sorry we talking about about sold out league games city sold out every home league game some weeks before the fixture! As for the scum the sold out sign was a rarity last season
At the time The Guardians squad sheets were produced (a day or 2 before fixtures), Utd were still showing tickets available for 5 games (Fulham, QPR, West Brom, Wigan & Wolves) with the other 14 fixtures sold out.

City were showing tickets still available for 3 games (Bolton, Blackburn & Swansea), tickets were shown as sold out for another 13 games and I can't find the stats for the final 3 but I'm sure they'll also have been sold out.

Of course this doesn't take account of tickets sold between the articles being written and kick off and I'm sure City did go on to sell out every game but it also appears a Utd sold out game wasn't quite as rare as some seem to think.

-- Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:12 pm --

ell said:
Whats the etihad? dont you mean the emptyhad
Why would I??

One thing I believe is my own eyes on the mcfc website that had "sold out" before ever game someone referred to the West Brom game it didn't have sold out the day before on the city site but come kick off it was..

Quoting newspapers is like quoting a work of fiction in my book don't believe anything any newspapers prints..

manimanc said:
Jesus,JM Mcr is really putting all his time and effort into this thread,he's coming across as somebody who has too much time on his hands and has an unhealthy obsession with ickle old ciddy....
But it doesn't surprise me in the slightest,they arn't called the new bitters for nothing you know!!!

He's actually a decent poster. He's not losing his rag (he will if we win a few more trophies) and is replying to a lot of people who've replied to him. Getting abused for that seems a little unjust.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
manimanc said:

He's actually a decent poster. He's not losing his rag (he will if we win a few more trophies) and is replying to a lot of people who've replied to him. Getting abused for that seems a little unjust.

This.

Rather this guy than that fucking goon 'Camelcoat' from months back.

Also, not seen Viva for a while either. Has he been scared off?

binzy m.cf.c said:
Is this really true, i am sure i seen this mentioned on here somewhere a few weeks back....if so...hahaha fook me that didnt take long for the rats to desert their sinking ship....!!! any confirmation on this would be appreciated, i can tell all the armchair dwelling buffoons in work their moment to go has arrived..
It's probably not true and there were similar rumours last year which turned it false. Plus they're not a sinking ship, they're going nowhere. In fact they will be stronger than last season, this year. And they wont do what Liverpool did in the 90's, I expect United to be like Bayern and Real at the top or thereabouts for the foreseeable.

sjk2008 said:
SWP's back said:
JM Mcr said:
Not sure either of these statements is true. Utd's average home league gate last season was their highest since 2007/08 and the 3rd highest in the club's history (as a percentage of capacity they averaged 98.9% - slightly higher than the 98% City achieved).
No, we sold out every league last season.

Unlike you guys.

Old Trafford capacity: 75,811
Etihad capacity: 47,805

2009/10
United: 74,864 (98.8%)
City: 45,512 (95.2%)

2010/11
United:75,109 (99.1%)
City: 45,880 (96.0%)

2011/12
United: 75,387 (99.4%)
City: 47,044 (98.4%)

Figures have come off ESPN Soccernet so not sure how accurate.

Seems both averages have climbed season on season.
I wouldn't bother taking notice of City attendance figures because we may well sell all tickets for games but we most certainly do not have a capacity crowd for every game. There are empty seats at 75% of our games. You only have to look at the end of season DVDs to see them catch your eye; four here, five there, two, two, two, seven, five all dotted around in a number of games.

Hopefully the ticket exchange can do something to rectify this for this coming season.

Arsenal have it worse. Go on to an Arsenal forum after a game where you notice empty seats and there will be threads saying they reckon there were ten thousand empty seats yet the "official attendance" states it was a 59500 sell out.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
manimanc said:

Exactly. He's one of the best non-City posters on here. I'm not sure why anyone is having a pop at him for commenting on a topic that involves the club he supports (and feeling like he needs to dispel a few myths into the bargain). I mean, what's the point in having threads dedicated to the likes of United, Spurs, Arsenal, and Chelsea in the general forum and not wanting fans of those clubs to comment on them?

waspish said:
One thing I believe is my own eyes on the mcfc website that had "sold out" before ever game someone referred to the West Brom game it didn't have sold out the day before on the city site but come kick off it was..

Quoting newspapers is like quoting a work of fiction in my book don't believe anything any newspapers prints..
Think the info's taken from clubs websites but no idea how far in advance (tho would've thought days rather than weeks).

So how do you know Utd selling out games last season was a rarity - did you check the website each game or are you relying on anecdotal information for that?<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:34 pm --<br /><br />
manimanc said:
All my time n effort? A google search on squad sheets and a team name!

As for bitter, yep I'm so bitter me I even get piss take replies for NOT using a childish insult when referring to your stadium. No hissy fit and no bitterness here (not sure about the obsession - think we're all somewhat obsessed with our local rivals lol).

M18CTID said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
manimanc said:

Exactly. He's one of the best non-City posters on here. I'm not sure why anyone is having a pop at him for commenting on a topic that involves the club he supports (and feeling like he needs to dispel a few myths into the bargain). I mean, what's the point in having threads dedicated to the likes of United, Spurs, Arsenal, and Chelsea in the general forum and not wanting fans of those clubs to comment on them?
JM is a good poster. He is a United fan, rather than a rag. There is a difference

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.