Ali Benarbia

I remember his signing and being overjoyed at the prospect of seeing him in the flesh, I'd watched him quite a bit at Monaco, vision of a god, knew he'd destroy the 1st division, just wish I'd seen him at his peak!!!

Right up there with the very best.

I was one row back on the Kippax (think it was against Barnsley) and he received the ball, flicked it over his head, skipped between their two defenders and then crossed for Huckerby to score.

Couldn't believe I'd witnessed skill like that close-up.

A magical player.

bobmcfc said:
Told us he was retiring so we released him from his contract, promptly signed for a new club 5 days later and played on for another 3 years

he made the right choice

i saw him in a pre season game and you could see his legs had gone, cant blame him for taking a final big pay day

was a fantastic talent

1 of the best manchester city players ive seen and just think we got him on a free transfer

Finest player I've seen in a City shirt... better than Kinkladze... and that includes Silva, Nasri etc....

Can you imagine if we'd got him a few years earlier when he was at his peak!!

SharstonBlue said:
Finest player I've seen in a City shirt... better than Kinkladze... and that includes Silva, Nasri etc....

Can you imagine if we'd got him a few years earlier when he was at his peak!!
Agreed a lot better than kinklaze

I always thought it spoilt it when Ali & Berkovic played together, didnt think they played at their best together, but apart both were great. Unsung hero, far and away our best player at the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.