Ali Benarbia

Was great in the Championship but was found out in the Prem. He quit football, we paid him off and then signed for a team in Qatar if I remember.

Yes he had skill but incredibly overrated.

Banned Tosspot said:
Was great in the Championship but was found out in the Prem. He quit football, we paid him off and then signed for a team in Qatar if I remember.

Bullshit. He wasn't "found out", he was just old.

And I don't think we 'paid him off', he just quit. The only money we lost was paying him wages for a pre-season when he didn't carry on into the season itself. Think about it, how could he force us to honour a contract that he wanted to quit? It makes no sense.

Benarbia was the best player we'd had for a long time, up to the takeover, I reckon.

seemedownkippaxstreet said:
Banned Tosspot said:

And I don't think we 'paid him off', he just quit. The only money we lost was paying him wages for a pre-season when he didn't carry on into the season itself. Think about it, how could he force us to honour a contract that he wanted to quit? It makes no sense.

Benarbia was the best player we'd had for a long time, up to the takeover, I reckon.

Fuck me that's harsh. He was mid to late 30s. What a player. One of the best to grace a city shirt.

The_mace said:
seemedownkippaxstreet said:
Banned Tosspot said:

Fuck me that's harsh. He was mid to late 30s. What a player. One of the best to grace a city shirt.

Indeed!

We had him past his best but he was one hell of a player. Think he won French player of the year too. I remember telling an Irish United fan how good he was and said how come he never played for France if he was so good???
Typical..

Banned Tosspot said:

Comments like this always make me realise how little a lot of fans actually know and understand about football.

FlashHutch said:
We had him past his best but he was one hell of a player. Think he won French player of the year too. I remember telling an Irish United fan how good he was and said how come he never played for France if he was so good???
Typical..

That reminds me of another rag, who, on the original BBC 606 forum asked, "If Shaun Goater is so good, how come he only plays for Bermuda?"

YCMIU!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.