Ali Benarbia

Re: ALI BERNABIA

Pringletelli said:
Bongo Joe said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p909bAeYAk[/youtube]

Absolute genius.

Still to this day, I don't know how he got that ball off the floor! Amazing player.

may not be a rocket into the top corner but the skill to lift the ball with a back heel was unreal. Man, they were happy days back then. Still my favourite city goal has always been that Goater goal away at Sunderland where he spun on a sixpence following brilliant work from Berko.

They're showing the Keegan promotion season in the Walkabout in Glasgow.

Ali Benarbia is the only player in the 15 years prior to the takeover that I've supported City that could get into our current team. Unbelievable player.

I've got some real heroes like Rösler, the Goat, and Kinkladze, but none were near his level in my opinion.

They're showing the Keegan promotion season in the Walkabout in Glasgow.

Ali Benarbia is the only player in the 15 years prior to the takeover that I've supported City that could get into our current team. Unbelievable player.

I've got some real heroes like Rösler, the Goat, and Kinkladze, but none were near his level in my opinion.
Do you not think Paul Lake would get in the current team?

Do you not think Paul Lake would get in the current team?

He was at the end of his injury hampered career when I first started going circa 1993/4 when I would have been 5 or 6, and I didn't see anything like the best of him. I've heard stories about how good he was but the honest truth is I don't remember seeing him play.

A wonderful player and one of the most skilful I have seen anywhere. He had everything.
I agree with others on here who rate him higher than Kinkladze - Ali changed that City team from the moment he arrived and it was a pleasure to watch him.
As The Goat once said, he seemed to know which positions players were running into even before they knew it themselves. I would have loved to have seen him at City when he was 5 years younger, but he was right to quit when he did. The Premier League was just one step too far for those ageing legs.
One of my all time City favourites.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.