Ante Coric

Heard from a very good source at The Etihad on Sunday that this deal definitely isn't happening this window but "maybe in the winter" (In a Spanish accent :-) ).
Wouldn't be surprised at all. Coric gets to play champions league which he wants. If he joins in January he could play premier league but wouldn't be eligible for champions league if we get out of the group

He's starting to look like he'd rather be a big fish in a small pond so I can't say we missed out really.

Hahahahahahaha. A classic response any time a player turns us down. Just 1 rung above "He's bottled it" and "small time mentality".

He's chosen to stay at his current club and play Champions League football because he wasn't going to be in our first team plans. Anyone who isn't completely blinded by their blue tinted specs can see that's a smart decision for a young player.

He can stay where he is, playing every week, and in the champions league, or he can throw the dice on some hastily arranged loan deal to a club who have no benefit from developing him.

Completely disagree with you he has chooses to stay were he is comfortable instead of backing himself, I'm not saying he should have moved to us but he was clearly approached by a number of clubs and has chooses to hinder his development by sitting where he is. Wherever he could have went or the loan deal we would have arranged would have had better facilities, coaches and opposition and as for the champs league he could have gotten that at Celtic a team that I'm sure we suggested. He chose to stay comfortable don't let the boyhood club go to your head he is a professional. I believe playing every week is important for young players but I also believe it needs to be at a good level. I believe one of the reasons it fell apart was that we didn't want him returning to dinamo and wanted him playing at a higher standard. I'm sure there were plenty of good clubs at a decent level offering him first team football but he hasn't moved.

Hahahahahahaha. A classic response any time a player turns us down. Just 1 rung above "He's bottled it" and "small time mentality".

He's chosen to stay at his current club and play Champions League football because he wasn't going to be in our first team plans. Anyone who isn't completely blinded by their blue tinted specs can see that's a smart decision for a young player.

He can stay where he is, playing every week, and in the champions league, or he can throw the dice on some hastily arranged loan deal to a club who have no benefit from developing him.
You do know that everything you said actually agrees with me? And he's already turned down Bayern for Red Bull Salzburg previously.

Completely disagree with you he has chooses to stay were he is comfortable instead of backing himself, I'm not saying he should have moved to us but he was clearly approached by a number of clubs and has chooses to hinder his development by sitting where he is. Wherever he could have went or the loan deal we would have arranged would have had better facilities, coaches and opposition and as for the champs league he could have gotten that at Celtic a team that I'm sure we suggested. He chose to stay comfortable don't let the boyhood club go to your head he is a professional. I believe playing every week is important for young players but I also believe it needs to be at a good level. I believe one of the reasons it fell apart was that we didn't want him returning to dinamo and wanted him playing at a higher standard. I'm sure there were plenty of good clubs at a decent level offering him first team football but he hasn't moved.

You believe one of he reasons it fell apart is us not wanting him to go to Dinamo, despite absolutely no evidence pointing to that.

He's 19. He's not too good for Zagreb yet and he'll get great experience in the champions league as well. And you're sure we'd suggest a loan to a champions league team, again with there being absolutely no evidence at all.

I guess if you just make loads of stuff up and imagine it then everything looks the way you want it to doesn't it?

Back in the real world - Why on earth would he want to swap that for a random loan to Grenada? An unstable bottom of la liga team.

He seems to be biding his time, waiting until big clubs come knocking with serious offers of first team football. And they will because he's one of the most hyped up prospects in Europe. He doesn't need to piss about trying to go to teams like Liverpool as a stepping stone and he doesn't need to spend years pissing about on loans.

You believe one of he reasons it fell apart is us not wanting him to go to Dinamo, despite absolutely no evidence pointing to that.

He's 19. He's not too good for Zagreb yet and he'll get great experience in the champions league as well. And you're sure we'd suggest a loan to a champions league team, again with there being absolutely no evidence at all.

I guess if you just make loads of stuff up and imagine it then everything looks the way you want it to doesn't it?

Back in the real world - Why on earth would he want to swap that for a random loan to Grenada? An unstable bottom of la liga team.

He seems to be biding his time, waiting until big clubs come knocking with serious offers of first team football. And they will because he's one of the most hyped up prospects in Europe. He doesn't need to piss about trying to go to teams like Liverpool as a stepping stone and he doesn't need to spend years pissing about on loans.
Where is the evidence of any of what you just said? Maybe the clubs looked at him and thought nowhere near good enough? All we have is assumptions to assume we would offer celtic as a loan option isnt unrealistic as we have a history of loaning players there. Meanwhile we tend not to loan players to the Croatian league. Yes he is hyped and the next few years will make or break him and if he spends them playing in a league 1 standard league there will always be question marks over his ability regardless of how he preforms meanwhile if he is standing out regular against bbva level opponents people have to take notice. Zinchenko had a similar choice and he backed himself and has reportedly impressed pep, mooy is similar but once again has rose to the challenge and is turning heads in the championship. If the lad believes doing well will walk him into a top champs league team he needs to get "back in the real world"

He's starting to look like he'd rather be a big fish in a small pond so I can't say we missed out really.
On the contrary, I like him a lot more for taking control of his career. Always careful to make the right choice and not let big teams bamboozle him I to possible bad situations.

Where is the evidence of any of what you just said? Maybe the clubs looked at him and thought nowhere near good enough? All we have is assumptions to assume we would offer celtic as a loan option isnt unrealistic as we have a history of loaning players there. Meanwhile we tend not to loan players to the Croatian league. Yes he is hyped and the next few years will make or break him and if he spends them playing in a league 1 standard league there will always be question marks over his ability regardless of how he preforms meanwhile if he is standing out regular against bbva level opponents people have to take notice. Zinchenko had a similar choice and he backed himself and has reportedly impressed pep, mooy is similar but once again has rose to the challenge and is turning heads in the championship. If the lad believes doing well will walk him into a top champs league team he needs to get "back in the real world"
Zuculini backed himself too and I'm almost sure he might have ruined any chance of becoming a top player.

There is no eight way to do it. Some move to big clubs early, don't get playing time, get loaned to a bunch of teams who don't invest in them, and become mid table talents by the middle of their careers.

Others don't move in the first place and the same faith befalls them.

There are no fast rules on this, but 2 factors seem most important- playing time and developnent support from the club. If he isn't going to get either here this year, then he hasn't made the wrong decision to stay back.

His bestbet is probably to become so dominant that teams pay substantially to secure his services. And then they'll be more inclined and proactive in the attempts to play and develop the player.

This is why Laporte may have been wrong to balk, but this kid isn't.

Zuculini backed himself too and I'm almost sure he might have ruined any chance of becoming a top player.

There is no eight way to do it. Some move to big clubs early, don't get playing time, get loaned to a bunch of teams who don't invest in them, and become mid table talents by the middle of their careers.

Others don't move in the first place and the same faith befalls them.

There are no fast rules on this, but 2 factors seem most important- playing time and developnent support from the club. If he isn't going to get either here this year, then he hasn't made the wrong decision to stay back.

His bestbet is probably to become so dominant that teams pay substantially to secure his services. And then they'll be more inclined and proactive in the attempts to play and develop the player.

This is why Laporte may have been wrong to balk, but this kid isn't.
I believe laporte could be right to stay he is playing against the best in the world and is showing what he can do, the standard of coaching and the facilities are very decent at his club. And the fee is always going to be relative to the league pulling up trees in a poor league isnt going to increase the fee that much. Bruno isnt of the level he as most wonderkids developed early and stood out but never kicked on. If we didnt sign him he would still be getting hyped in Argentina. Our club gives gifted young players all they need to succeed the rest is up to them. Coric has decided he isnt up to a relegation scrap or is too good for it and has decided to spin his wheels most hot prospects dont fulfil their potential, joining us may not have been corics best decision but I cant imagine wasting away in Croatia is either he should have moved to a decent league and if he kicks on the big clubs will come running. If he gets a move to a champs league team in one of the top leagues it will be as a prospect or a project. Hope he does well as he is a talent just wish he backed himself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.