Atletico (A) - Post-Match Thread

I don’t think it’s fair to say that the referee lost control of the game, as I don’t believe that he had control of it in the first place.

If he’d sent off - or even booked - Felipe for the attack on Phil in the first half, most, if not all, of the later shenanigans wouldn’t have happened.

I don’t think it’s fair to say that the referee lost control of the game, as I don’t believe that he had control of it in the first place.

If he’d sent off - or even booked - Felipe for the attack on Phil in the first half, most, if not all, of the later shenanigans wouldn’t have happened.
Absolutely spot on. The attack on Phil announced to everybody what Atletico's approach was to be and it screamed at the ref that this was his chance to establish his control of the match. He showed quite clearly that he didn't have the guts to stand up the the AM players, their manager or their crowd. He wasn't letting the game flow: he was simply being spineless. And he carried on being spineless until the end.

So right. Clear yellow card for a cardable offence puts down a marker, sets the tone and avoids a lot of aggravation later. He should have had the balls to do it, then Atlético would have known there was no messing with him. After that, they saw him as weak — the rest followed.

Absolutely spot on. The attack on Phil announced to everybody what Atletico's approach was to be and it screamed at the ref that this was his chance to establish his control of the match. He showed quite clearly that he didn't have the guts to stand up the the AM players, their manager or their crowd. He wasn't letting the game flow: he was simply being spineless. And he carried on being spineless until the end.
Also why City lost their composure a bit. You'd lose your composure if every time you got the ball someone was going to fucking clatter you from behind and the ref wasn't going to do fuck all to stop it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.