Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, but it's still Manchester.

You can put lipstick on a pig...
I clearly like Manchester more than you do. I also think he’s a lot better off in employment with trustworthy people who don’t default (or defer) wages and don’t confront their players in public. By all accounts no club looks after their players as well as we do. If Bernardo wants to play for such a club so much then I wouldn’t deal with them unless they (a) pay what we value him at, and (b) I would say pay up front (insolvency must be a real risk for these charlatans, already selling off companies and future gate receipts).

Thanks mate. No you are right. I'm guilty of thinking about the success of the team and forgetting about Bernie as a human being who wants to live his life the way he wants to. Fair play to him. I selfishly hope that he is still with us for this season but if he leaves then good luck and best wishes to both of them.

It's such a short career though. Professionally, it's hard to see a better place for Bernie to be. A few more years in Manchester, ought to represent a small part of his life but one he cannot make up for if he leaves and find it was not really the best thing he could do.

Wants to start a family with his missus and bring them up closer to relatives.

The guy was stuck in a flat in central Manchester during lockdown, can't begrudge him wanting a different lifestyle at this stage in his career.

Love him to bits, remains a top professional and respectful of City's stance, he won't gripe if nothing materialises for him this month.

Purely a lifestyle issue.
I reckon he could afford a house in a less central area as well as a luxury city centre flat, I’m not feeling as much sympathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.