Bundesliga review part 2. the new one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dortmund don't sign their players to long enough contracts and don't renegotiate early enough. This gives the players the power and leaves Dortmund in a tricky situation, and I've never known a club be in this situation as often as Dortmund. I think they've done very well to lure the highly rated Ousmane Dembele though so hopefully they've learned their lesson so that if he does well, they don't allow him to eventually leave on the cheap. Every major club in Europe was after him and if he does well at Dortmund it will be tricky to keep hold of him.

I read yesterday that the Bundesliga has signed a new TV Deal which has nearly doubled the current one. I think the old one was worth €2.5 billion and the new one something like €4.7 billion. Whilst not at the same level as the Premier league, that is a significant increase and confirms its status as one of the big 3 European leagues, and it will mean teams like Augsburg and Mainz can probably offer better terms than the likes of Benfica, Ajax, or Marseille. So it should mean better quality players being attracted to Germany, and make it even more competitive.

Who knows - maybe it can give someone the chance to 'do a Leicester'.

Bundesliga fixtures out tomorrow! Time to start the planning. I need to get to Wolfsburg, Darmstadt, and Leipzig to complete the set, but there are several more I'd like to get to.

Don't feel like I've kept pace with the transfers over summer. I know Schalke have spent about €20 million on Embolo from Basel, have I missed any other significant ones?

Obviously Gundogan and Xhaka major departures so far....

Bundesliga fixtures out tomorrow! Time to start the planning. I need to get to Wolfsburg, Darmstadt, and Leipzig to complete the set, but there are several more I'd like to get to.

Don't feel like I've kept pace with the transfers over summer. I know Schalke have spent about €20 million on Embolo from Basel, have I missed any other significant ones?

Obviously Gundogan and Xhaka major departures so far....
Werner to Leipzig, along with a few others.

Jeffrey Bruma, who used to play for Chelsea, has gone to Wolfsburg. Naldo has gone to Schalke too. Wolfsburg have also signed Gerhardt from Koln; who have signed Hoger, Rudnevs and Rausch.

Rode and Bartra to Dortmund.

Volland and Baumgartlinger to Leverkusen. Kramer has gone permanently back to Gladbach, who have also signed Vestergaard.

Hoffenheim have signed a few; Vogt, Hubner :( and Kramaric permanently.

Fixtures at bundesliga.de

Schalke starts in Frankfurt.Second match at home vers Bayern

Last match of the season in Ingolstadt.

csm_3552-Krombacher-Neues-Trikot2016_0a139ba4f2.jpg

Our new kit! Not sure if I like it or not...Good news is that Krombacher once again becomes our sponsor. @cptaidan88 ; @Scaring Europe to Death: Even if the football is shit, the beer is decent! When are you coming over? ;)

csm_3552-Krombacher-Neues-Trikot2016_0a139ba4f2.jpg

Our new kit! Not sure if I like it or not...Good news is that Krombacher once again becomes our sponsor. @cptaidan88 ; @Scaring Europe to Death: Even if the football is shit, the beer is decent! When are you coming over? ;)

When did you become Newcastle? Strange comment for a city fan to make, but I dont think there is enough red on that shirt! Thats going to take some getting used to. Have you played in White and Black stripes before?

I've been looking at dates but I think I'm going to wait until the Champions League draw has been made (or Europa if we get knocked out in qualifying). I know it was unlikely but was hoping you and Darmstadt would have been at home on the same weekend at least once but that has not happened. Will see how the fixtures changes pan out though - maybe an 'Englische Woche' will mean you both play at home within a couple of days.

One trip I have got my eye on is to Berlin over Easter weekend. My concern is because Germany is still quite a religious country in comparison to England, maybe you dont play on certain days over Easter Weekend and last year Easter fell on an International Break so I'm not sure. Will there be games Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday (Bundesliga 2) as usual?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.