Bus Parking...

We just have to dig in deep for a few months with the bus parkers. At the minute any point against us is seen as gold and teams are setting up to stop us. Thankfully we are finding ways to win, which we we were not last season.
Come January, when teams realise they are playing to avoid relegation or get into the top 4, they will not be able to park the bus as they will need to win. Plus those in mid table will have nothing to play for so will not play with the same intensity.
We are doing everything right at the minute, playing well, making chances, keeping the ball and finding ways to win. Let's just keep rolling on.

You really think that 'come January ' bus parking will stop? It will increase as teams become more desperate to gain points no matter how.

This league is just shit really. There's only about 4 teams that try to win matches. When the others win is totally unintentional and fortunate.

You really think that 'come January ' bus parking will stop? It will increase as teams become more desperate to gain points no matter how.

I think second half of the season teams will be forced to have more of a go. If teams are in the relegation zone and points a drift then a point is no good. At present no one is really that desperate so they can all camp on the edge of their box.

Every year we start off like a house on fire, then we have seemed to struggle breaking teams down over the winter period before coming good at the end. We did it under Bobby, Manuel and last season under Pep. This season we are finding ways to win though, which we have struggled with in the past.

Unfortunately, bus parking is not just an English thing. Watch any team against Barcelona.
I might be wrong, I don't watch huge amounts of la liga but when I've seen teams in Spain park the bus they do actually try to play out from the back and move forward a bit more as a team once they get possession whereas in England they're much happier to just welly it up the pitch and just stay in position defensively. Makes an English parked bus more disciplined than a Spanish one.

When defending in numbers it is vital that we defend well from free kicks and corners . As that is their best chance of scoring .

Our defending of corners against both Huddersfield and Southampton was appalling .

Rest assured it will have been noticed by the repugnant one - who will be spending plenty of time on such practice .

I wonder how much we practice this defending -- it is crucial . We don't for instance seem to defend the near post . Goal for Huddersfield had some fortune but we should have been first to the ball - any deflection was going to be dangerous .

This league is just shit really. There's only about 4 teams that try to win matches. When the others win is totally unintentional and fortunate.

There is a simple effectiveness to it though. Get a first goal if you can and then sit back and try for a draw. At the end of the year, when all the points are tallied you may have enough to stay up. I am sure certain club chairman are not unhappy with these tactics. But it does make for terribly boring football.

Last edited:
My laugh out loud moment was after we had scored and the ball boy deliberately threw the ball short to Fraser - Just a Minute ref - Forster !!

Have to say that was one of the worst refs I have ever seen - he really didn’t have a clue what he was doing!

CTID

Can't agree with most of the posts on here. It is frustrating to watch...but I can remember getting nil nils away at Chelsea and United under Keegan where we barely left our half. Didn't we cheer them as great away performances? I was also at Stamford Bridge when we got pumped 6-0 under Seen when he went out to give them a game.

Taking your team away to the best attacking team in the country and attempting to go toe to toe with them is the epitome of foolishness. The opponents job isn't to roll over for us, it is to fight for points for their club and fans. Southampton nearly did that - fair play.

I don’t mind a team being defensive at all. But Southampton cheated their way through that game last night. Nine minutes in and they were time wasting and going down at the the slightest touch. Swapping throw in takers. Keeper was a disgrace. Sorry there is defensive and just damn right pushing the rules of the game. So pleased they got what they deserved. These kind of antics are disgraceful and loved it when Raheem scored last night.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.