Bus Parking...

My laugh out loud moment was after we had scored and the ball boy deliberately threw the ball short to Fraser - Just a Minute ref - Forster !!

Have to say that was one of the worst refs I have ever seen - he really didn’t have a clue what he was doing!

CTID

Yes that ballboy was superb. That referee was shocking and how they got away with all that time wasting i will never know. Never let the game flow once.

I don’t mind a team being defensive at all. But Southampton cheated their way through that game last night. Nine minutes in and they were time wasting and going down at the the slightest touch. Swapping throw in takers. Keeper eas a disgrace. Sorry there is defensive and just damn right pushng the rules of the game. So pleased they got what they deserved. These kind of antics are disgraceful and loved it when Raheem scored last night.
Spot on.

Early goals are going to be important in the next few months of these bus parkers, heavy pitches, total lack of ambition and every team playing City like their cup final.

If there is no Sanchez (or alternative) in January then Sane becomes increasingly important to give the extra width required, and should be wrapped in cotton wool.

With teams retreating further into the box, it's becoming increasingly difficult to pass our way through, so players such as Aguero, Sterling, Bernardo, and possibly even Diaz could become hugely important. They all have a low centre of gravity and ability to draw penalties in the box. Even last night, Sterling just needed to put his body across Cedric after the 1-2 with Silva and it would have been a penalty. Might not always be given but, as we saw against Huddersfield, when the pressure builds and the number of incidents increases, referees cannot deny them.

One of the issues with a packed defence and the space becoming condensed is our CHs become midfield players, at times they were 12yds in Southampton's half and Kompany in particular isn't good enough, neither sharp of quick, to play the passes. In the second half Fernandinho was picking the ball up from them and it was much improved This is why John Stones is so important to us

One of the issues with a packed defence and the space becoming condensed is our CHs become midfield players, at times they were 12yds in Southampton's half and Kompany in particular isn't good enough, neither sharp of quick, to play the passes. In the second half Fernandinho was picking the ball up from them and it was much improved This is why John Stones is so important to us
I agree. I got slated a few days back for saying Kompany's passing is not good enough whereas others were saying his range is as good as Stones!? He's nowhere near him.

I agree. I got slated a few days back for saying Kompany's passing is not good enough whereas others were saying his range is as good as Stones!? He's nowhere near him.
We are really mssing Stones. Against defensive teams he is the one who comes forward to help unlock the door. Much as I love Vinny he is not as good as Stones with his foward passing. Apart from the time-wasting I have no problem with the way Southampton played. They were less negative than Huddersfield (who were superb defensively). But if Southampton had a bit more courage they could have beaten us. There were moments where they chose to sit back instead of breaking. I thought our back four especially Vinny and Walker looked leggy. Either way it was a superb result for us.

We failed to take our chances. I dont believe opposition teams suddenly work us out and park all their men behind the ball and that stops us, it's newspapr bollox designed to make us doubt ourselves. If we take our chances and it opens them up. The onus is on us

people saying the bus parking will stop when teams are in need of points are wrong,they look at the fixtures and plan where they can get points ,they look at city and think 0 points,so what we will do is go for 1 point all out defence,it will get worse ,but imo we have the best coach to combat it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.