Changes to the Driving Test

In other words, to be allowed to drive, the Test should include all of what is in Pass Plus?

A good way to increase the price of being on the road and exclude poorer people driving?

On balance, I think 17 is too young to be on the road considering how immature a lot of people are at that age.
Driving is not a cheap pastime .Pass Plus is all about safe driving and you cant put a price on someones life.alot of stuff on Pass Plus doesnt get taught adequately on lessons for the test .

The motorway driving thing is an odd one. They discussed introducing it a few years back but said that there are too many test centres too far from a designated motorway.
if that is the case the answer is simple and not that expensive.

I think it would be a good idea to introduce a car simulator on a typical motorway situation. For new drivers in this area would be M60, Greater London M25, south west M5 etc.

I drive thousands of miles on motorways each year and generally most decent and experienced drivers use motorways Mon -fri. Weekends are when the inexperienced chancers drive. Also noticed the coffin dodgers who drive about 45mph. Many passed their test before motorways were first built and it shows!

Motorways can and should be safe roads providing drivers are sensible and courteous to others.

Either introduce motorway driving as part of the test, or a motorway driving simulator.

Motorways can and should be safe roads providing drivers are sensible and courteous to others.

Either introduce motorway driving as part of the test, or a motorway driving simulator.
Motorways are already much safer than a normal road, which is presumably why they don't consider it necessary to include it on the test. That and the fact that people in the North of Scotland or mid-Wales wouldn't be able to even get to one within a typical driving lesson.

Motorways are already much safer than a normal road, which is presumably why they don't consider it necessary to include it on the test. That and the fact that people in the North of Scotland or mid-Wales wouldn't be able to even get to one within a typical driving lesson.
Hence why I suggested a motorway simulator of the nearest motorway to the area of the driving test.

Trainee pilots use a flight simulator. No brainier to me learner drivers should have some basic knowledge on how to drive on a motorway before doing so. So a simulator makes good sense.

I remember first time I ventured into a motorway. On checking my right hand mirror, I almost shat myself seeing a truck hurtling towards me on the inside lane. I turned my head(and for a split second) thinking my instructor was sat there about to give me instructions. I quickly realised was on my own and well out of my comfort zone of being guided round my test town under supervision at a mere 30mph.

They should include how quickly you can post on Facebook whilst sat at the traffic lights.. anything longer than ten seconds is a fail

35 years ago my test consisted of a 5 minute drive before the instructor said, 'back to the centre for some questions.' 2 minutes later i'd passed (and i got one question wrong...)
Sounds about like mine, same time too. When I moved over to the States I went into the sheriff's office and told them I wanted a US driver's licence. They looked at my English one with all the different languages on it, handed me an instruction book and said stop by any time you like and take the written test. It turned out to be 20 multi choice questions.
They want people driving as early as possible, you can get a licence at 14. Lots of big farms, lots of kids and lots of equipment to be run to make everything work. Since i phones and texting arrived, they're probably having a re think

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.