China crisis?

It's an interesting situation at the moment but unless the world beats a path to the Chinese League and TV viewers want to watch it to the same degree as the PL, then it doesn't appear to be sustainable. We've seen similar situations at club level, where a new owner comes along to an under-performing club, promises the earth to fans, throws a bit of money at it but then gives up or mismanages things. The same happened in the US back in the 1980's, when a number of high-profile players went over there.
https://www.soccerex.com/insight/articles/2016/sky-sports-in-landmark-chinese-super-league-deal

Pay-TV channel Sky Sports has agreed a deal to show the Ping An Chinese Football Association Super League (CSL) in the UK.

The exclusive three-year partnership marks the first time that the burgeoning soccer league will be shown on UK television. However, financial terms were not disclosed.

Uncle Rupert is hedging his bets.

Should FIFA be getting involved
I'm sure they already are, taking as much as they can get from the Chinese money men.

The Chinese government don't seem overly happy about the money being paid to players, as its detrimental to what they want, a decent China football team, and if they decide to step in, these players could find themselves very isolated.

If any of ours want to follow suit, then let them, because they are not what City need, and we can use the money to strengthen.

https://www.soccerex.com/insight/articles/2016/sky-sports-in-landmark-chinese-super-league-deal

Pay-TV channel Sky Sports has agreed a deal to show the Ping An Chinese Football Association Super League (CSL) in the UK.

The exclusive three-year partnership marks the first time that the burgeoning soccer league will be shown on UK television. However, financial terms were not disclosed.

Uncle Rupert is hedging his bets.

Hence the gross inflation of transfer fees and salaries being reported in the, the, the press or should that be the empire?

Will it ever really become popular amongst the 'people'?

It's a common thing to hear in England that the clubs and the players are detached from the fans and football has become unpalatable to the 'common man'.

How will it work in China? I believe the stadiums are empty, that will never produce a good product.
Your average Chinese fella is probably far too busy trying to forge a living to want to pay relative fortunes to in the main watch has beens play a sport they're not overly familiar with.

As some have said, the US threw money at it, it didn't work, it's now a lot more organic and the fans and participants are growing.

They tried it a little in Russia, big silly money for players. But many didn't like it and the fans didn't really care.

As some have said, there's soon likely to be rules that limit overseas players or highly incentivise domestic talent.

Not many fans want to watch mismatches, Costa and Hulk being marked by two appalling defenders isn't entertaining.

People love European football because of its history, its culture, its variety, its contrasts in style, its competitiveness.

I think many players will cash in, but Chelsea seem to have a few with that money mentality, personally I don't see Kompany, Silva, Zabaleta and the likes leaving for China.
I can't see the very best going at their peak.

crisis ? the premier league did exactly the same to other leagues. we offer the highest wages and pay the most, dont see a problem with china doing it.
This. Can't be having a holier than thou attitude when it comes to paying big money for players. Of course they are going to have to overpay because of reasons already discussed. When they are in a weaker position, they have to compensate with bigger money. Same thing when city rose to prominence after the sheikh investment, we had to overpay for some players to convince them to join the long term project

Maybe it's just Wishful thinking by the clubs because the people are fed up Working with fire and steel.

Will it ever really become popular amongst the 'people'?

It's a common thing to hear in England that the clubs and the players are detached from the fans and football has become unpalatable to the 'common man'.

How will it work in China? I believe the stadiums are empty, that will never produce a good product.
Your average Chinese fella is probably far too busy trying to forge a living to want to pay relative fortunes to in the main watch has beens play a sport they're not overly familiar with.

The stadiums will be full of proles ordered to be there to chant and sing on cue. No way will the Chinese government want it too look a flop internationally.

Maybe the PL is scared as all the dodgy bookies will fuck off there knowing the best mercenaries will take more money to manipulate the results?

Agree with @Prestwich_Blue, no point worrying about it because nobody watches it right now. Is the CSL even broadcast in the UK?

Although China's attitude to sport and particularly training athletes does make me wonder if they'll really 'get' football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.