China crisis?

This. Can't be having a holier than thou attitude when it comes to paying big money for players. Of course they are going to have to overpay because of reasons already discussed. When they are in a weaker position, they have to compensate with bigger money. Same thing when city rose to prominence after the sheikh investment, we had to overpay for some players to convince them to join the long term project

exactly. a poster above proposing a wage cap for the chinese league swell aha. the main reason we got the players we did, tevez, robinho, was because we offered them stupidly high wages, but we have/had to do that to compete, just like chinese teams should be able to do. if the best players leave the league so what. that happens in all leagues, the spanish teams steal the leagues best players like bale and ronaldo.

Apart from Tevez, there aren't players that have gone to China that i'd prefer to see in this league. Some of them are very good players, but nothing special or irreplaceable.

And even if in 20 years time China has established itself as a footballing power, possibly along with the US, it might be something football needs to shake it up. Maybe what European football needs is some serious competition.

Take away the ability to outspend the rest of the World and suddenly you have to start thinking more locally again, that's a long way away though.

Good luck to them

It will settle down soon and if they get their national team up to any sort of standard, with football mandatory in schools(I believe), it might just take off. However, it will need fans in the grounds and people watching on TV

Beckham and others couldn't get the US fully on board so I doubt Oscar and Pelle will that's them falling over themselves to buy tickets. It will have to be a blended approach and I think it will be all linked to the success of the national team

A bit rich asking FIFA to get involved.

All the other European nations look at the Premier League in the same way as we pay the most in terms of wages and transfer fees.

I think some mercenaries will leave but those still wanting to play at the highest levels will stay.

This!

Shoe is on the other foot now....PL has been doing this for years

Nothing new. Colombia did something similar in the fifties, tempting players there for big money, look at the case of Neil Franklin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.