Cole Palmer

Just looked at the released England U21 squad, 10 players from our academy, crazy that only 2 are part of our squad

Mixed feelings, we’ve got a very good price for him but i do worry this will come back to bite us. It just feels we’ve swapped a local academy lad with tons of potential for a Portuguese player who refused to play for his club when he heard we were interested.

Mixed feelings, we’ve got a very good price for him but i do worry this will come back to bite us. It just feels we’ve swapped a local academy lad with tons of potential for a Portuguese player who refused to play for his club when he heard we were interested.
Well that would be stupid because they play in different positions

Good price for him as you say, plus Nunes is better than Palmer who’s not really shown he’s high enough quality to be a regular for us.

Nunes was desperate to come here, similar to how Kane was a couple of years back. It’s good that players are so keen to come to City, pretty sure Nunes will be ready to prove himself now.

This is a real shame but good luck to him but always disappointing that a player that has come through the academy has not only left but left for a direct rival. I find this one baffling in the extreme.

There may well be a lot of truth in what you say. But, Cole is just 21. Mahrez wasnt the player he became at 21.

Its a shame he has gone in some respects, but City likely between a rock and a hard place with this one. Chelsea apparently have quadrupled his wages. City for a squad player just weren’t prepared to play that game so it likely there was only one real outcome….

I dont think its a good decision for Palmer from a football point of view. Theres a long list of players going back 20 years whos career has died at Chelsea. Also, they seem to have a scatter gun approach even more the last year or so. Financially its good for him no doubt, time will tell if it works for him or not. I suspect it wont!!
What the Chavs have done has an element of logic about it. They've scooped up anyone & everyone, & now have a season of domestic football to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Because of FFP, those who don't make the grade will be sold, possibly at knockdown rates next summer. Those who're left will form the Chav's foundation for the next 6 years under Poch.

21 seems to be the make or break age for City, but for Palmer it seemed like it was more "Let's give it another season & take it from there", but Cole wanted first team football now.

We've got better in every position than Cole, & to be fair to City, when you take Grealish, Bernardo, Foden & now Doku into consideration, at best Palmer is third choice for our wide left/right positions.

The times I saw him playing centrally, he was anonymous, played poorly & looked totally lost & overawed. Tellingly, each time he was withdrawn we looked much better.

It is what it is, & I suppose we'll find out soon enough if Palmer had the noodles to make the grade at City under Guardiola.

I suspect if the club thought he could definitely make it here (like they did with Foden), Cole Palmer would still be a Manchester City player.

Good luck, all the best, & thanks for the fleeting memories Cole. )(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.