Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll have a read mate but from the headline it does indeed seem to be a warning to prepare properly this time.
Cheers.

England hospital data:

More good news today.

Patients fall below 30,000 for first time in several weeks.

29. 359 in hospital - down just under 1000 in the day and 4000 on last Friday.

Ventilators fallen too by over 100 in past couple of days.

Unfortunately, the slowest fall and indeed still a small rise in ventilators is occurring in the North West.

Things are shifting here too but the NW is clearly the region still with the most issues as the small rise in death percentage from the NW England deaths shows day to day.

Happily there is no sign of it getting worse and it never got to the stage of the southern areas but the fact the NW is the area with the one real problem in hospital care makes it a big scandal that they are taking vaccines away from here to give to the south where hospital numbers are plummeting - London and the South East represent the bulk of the hospital number falls this past week.

Why are no local politicians using this data to protest?

I'm waiting with real interest for the reports coming back after the covid research team have got what they need following their searches in Wuhan. Maybe it will conclude that bats are the carriers and it's not a long journey to pass down the line into humans, but what I really hope that happens is the necessity of a cultural sea-change within China (and other countries that do this) of their wet market trade. I don't know the full facts about this, but having live animals across all species, caged and stacked on top of each other, blood and shit dripping down into the cages below, I find it astonishing that the practice is normal and nobody cares about the consequences, least of all animal welfare. A cultural change can only come from government in my opinion so if they're up for it then the rest will follow, they are a compliant nation of people. The Chinese authorities were (eventually) helpful around Feb/Mar last year when they handed over the genetic sequencing to virologists and their labs. They want to help but they'll never admit to having a problem with how they roll. Or it's all the bats fault.
There's nothing coming back from this.

It's like when the big boss comes to the office, everything tidied up and only trusted people can meet them. They're not going anywhere near the chemical factory so will end up saying animal Xfer in the market but without finding out how it got there.

Would have loved to have heard how the negotiations went end of last year. Oh to be a fly on the wall...

Seen their arse big time

The penny is dropping with me now that, as always, Mother Nature is outmanoeuvring mankind. We’ve gone from “over in 3 months” to autumn to spring and now I think we need to accept that this is going to take years. Despite reassurances I think it’s obvious that the variants are becoming vaccine resistant.& There will be relaxations of restrictions in certain areas but we aren’t getting back to normal for a long long time in my opinion.
I haven’t seen anything that confirms any variants have resisted vaccines, the UK variant was in Israel and was beaten by the Pfizer vaccine across 128k people, of course SA and Brazil ones are a cause for concern but the reality is the vaccines will at least stop serious illness, even in mutations and at best, stop it completely.

Someone who worked on the Oxford project said it will take them 4-6 weeks to amend the vaccine to any variant that comes, basically it is incredibly unlikely to mutate into anything that will that different they can’t just amend them.

There will be some restrictions and distancing in play all year but I truly believe, just based on what the experts have said, that this summer will be like last July in terms of our freedom and next year we’ll be back to normal.

Last news was UK to achieve herd immunity through vaccine by June 2021.

Keep the faith mate, these things are never permanent.

Fucking hell cheer everyone up why don't you? What about the Spanish flu that died out on it's own without any vaccines.
Whilst you are somewhat right, please bear in mind that A) the Spanish Flu is technically still with us, although yeah pandemics never stay and B) some people are really suffering with mental health, he’s maybe had a terrible week and it’s getting on top of him

England hospital Regions Data:

Last 24 hours up/down v this time last week (up/down)

Total Patients

29, 359 - down 974 v 33, 412 (down 4053)

Total Ventilators

3506 - down 79 v 3727 (down 219)

Regions:

East

Patients down 147 to 3542 v 4055 // Ventilators down 1 to 351 v 369

London

Patients down 329 to 6064 v 7298 // Ventilators down 77 to 1131 v 1219

Midlands

Patients down 146 to 5664 v 6341 // Ventilators down 4 to 654 v 650

NE & Yorks

Patients down 72 to 3521 v 3793 // Ventilators up 5 to 314 v 322

North West

Patients down 77 to 4136 v 4315 // Ventilators up 3 to 399 v 417

South East

Patients down 171 to 4443 v 5387 // Ventilators down 8 to 458 v 532

South West

Patients down 42 to 1989 v 2273 // Ventilators up 3 to 199 v 216

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.