Coventry City - bigger than Manchester City! (says the Cov Telegraph)

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Mad Eyed Screamer, 19 Apr 2017.

1. Blue Llama

Blue Llama

It's got ridiculous this thread, so much heat etc. I don't give a flying whatsit about how many fans, cups, troll Twitter followers, arses on seats etc,etc compared with other clubs. I am a City fan, end of. Let other clubs worry about us, we have nothing to apologise for to the rest.

2. trevorriley

trevorriley

and Leicester are the best team in the premier league because they got further in the knock out stages of chumps league than any other team in the country

3. NZBlue

NZBlue

Actually Leicester are the best team in the country because they are the current champions, whatever the league position might imply!

4. EddieR

EddieR

It's just tongue-firmly-planted-in-cheek and anyway, it acknowledges the fact that the original report was posted by a Rag. Calm down dear! BTW - our's is (only) a semi-final.

5. Ban-jani

Ban-jani

No, Chelsea are as the league leaders.

6. cyberblue

cyberblue

We will sell out and have as many fans there as Arsenal dont get your knickers in a twist

7. El Gringo

El Gringo

Think COV might have to extend the RICOH or whatever it is now to get em all in - must be queues miles long before each game.

8. CitizenTID

CitizenTID

Tribute Club! Your just a tribute club!

9. CitizenTID

CitizenTID

No we are as we have a song that says we are.

10. Blackcrowes

Blackcrowes

I am not after a protracted argument. I am in a fortunate position to be able to goto every game home and away because I can afford it. I have no interest in what Arsenal have done in terms of ticket sales. This forum is littered with posts from people moaning about not being able to get tickets for games. Whilst I think semi finals should not be held at wembley and also agree the selection of the day and time coinciding with the Marathon, I still find it incredible that we struggle to sell the tickets when you consider circa 50k City fans goto each home game. When you take into account tourists and friends and family who just fancy a day out it does not seem unreasonable to expect us to sell the tickets. If you think back to the Gillingham game when our average home attendance was circa 32k - we took over half of wembley with 50k +. People may say we have been at Wembley a number of times in recent years so the novelty has worn off. I dont buy this - what happened to CTID.