Crystal Palace PL (H) Post match thread

Running the clock down by passing it around from side to side in our own half and across our own penalty area and then back to Eddie needs to stop.
IMO it introduces a lethargy in the players minds and leads to mistakes. And you can now see the opposition like Palace today have wised up to this and are playing a game of cat and mouse, pushing up a bit and waiting for a stray or short pass and then pouncing on the error. Also the crowd are sh1tting themselves as we pass it around and I'm sure this is transmitting itself to the players. W e need to defend in the opponents half - we had started doing this effectively last season by getting it forward and Erling and one other would hold it up in the corner.
A few examples of the lack of discipline stick out in my mind in those last few minutes stick out in my mind. First after a long passage of sideways defensive possession we pass it back to Eddie and he then precedes to pass it straight out to one of the Palace players. Next Eddie gains possession after one of their attacks, We're pleading for him to play it long into their half but instead he plays it out only as far as the half way line to give them a throw in and start another attack. And then what was Phil doing when he had a chance to break but instead ran into a group of their players to give them possession and set up the passage of play that led to the pen? And then finally why did Berny not clear the ball at the end but instead back heels it back into the danger area from which the penalty ultimately resulted.
So many errors.
Just a rant really.
A rant but totally true! Error after error.

Criticising our club for a lack of investment or “penny pinching” is laughable chap not lovable
What is it down too? The bench is terrible, littered with players inexperienced and players pep obviously doesn’t rate. We lose Gundo and get a warning about Kevs fitness in Istanbul. We go out and buy sub standard midfielders, who weren’t exactly expensive in comparison to what other players go for.

Palace were 250-1 for the draw at 2-0 down. That's all you need to know about our team at the moment. Fuckin gutted!! :( And why the fuck was Alvarez still on the pitch ? It was like playing with 10 men today. That kid needs a break

Because City continue to play out of the back at the end of the game instead of hoofing the ball into tow z . Pep does'nt train any different.
That’s correct. Eddie rushing a clearance into touch when he should have just calmed everything down, Phil unnecessarily taking on one too many in the midfield, then Bernie with the ball on the touch line, over played it, lost possession (maybe a foul on him), when he could and should have cleared upfield and give us the opportunity to reset. Sometimes the easiest option is the best. So careless and frustrating

Running the clock down by passing it around from side to side in our own half and across our own penalty area and then back to Eddie needs to stop.
IMO it introduces a lethargy in the players minds and leads to mistakes. And you can now see the opposition like Palace today have wised up to this and are playing a game of cat and mouse, pushing up a bit and waiting for a stray or short pass and then pouncing on the error. Also the crowd are sh1tting themselves as we pass it around and I'm sure this is transmitting itself to the players. W e need to defend in the opponents half - we had started doing this effectively last season by getting it forward and Erling and one other would hold it up in the corner.
A few examples of the lack of discipline stick out in my mind in those last few minutes stick out in my mind. First after a long passage of sideways defensive possession we pass it back to Eddie and he then precedes to pass it straight out to one of the Palace players. Next Eddie gains possession after one of their attacks, We're pleading for him to play it long into their half but instead he plays it out only as far as the half way line to give them a throw in and start another attack. And then what was Phil doing when he had a chance to break but instead ran into a group of their players to give them possession and set up the passage of play that led to the pen? And then finally why did Berny not clear the ball at the end but instead back heels it back into the danger area from which the penalty ultimately resulted.
So many errors.
Just a rant really.

The players collectively lost their heads having clearly outplayed the opposition. Horribly like the return leg against Real two seasons ago. I thought that was out of our system, but it would seem not so.

Pep is pep and he never uses the subs as a tactic change, maybe he feels like a player coming off the bench needs time to get up to the speed of the game,

Today was City of 2023/24 and you could smell/see trouble happening, we started clock-watching and counting down the minutes. We seem to be happy to defend and pass the ball around instead of looking to kill the game off and try to score another goal, But I will say one thing when City make a mistake it's always punished big time, we have had no lady luck by a bad finish or a glaring missing by the others who seem ruthless

Look we are not a million miles away from normal and City can click in an instant and somebody is getting a bashing.
A wounded animal is a very dangerous thing
Love your comments. I just don’t feel we have the players this time around. We have lost some world class players and the replacements still to step up. Still feel that Stonesy on at 2-1 and we see the game out.

Humongously hacked off about that.

City have dug themselves a hole, and it got deeper today, by shooting themselves in the foot. (Cliche alert).

Absolutely ridiculous not to win that. This recent habit of failing to close out winning positions has to end now.

Too many players are making stupid and costly errors.

I‘m sure the players had too short a break between seasons but whether they are still mentally and physically tired after last seasons exertions, I don’t know, but they are capable of better.

Injuries and suspensions have not helped City. Gundo’s departure in particular has really not helped but he chose to go, as did Riyad. City though unquestionably failed in the transfer market to sign a superstar or potential superstar midfielder. That’s not me having a downer on Nunes or Kova, who may prove to be decent, value for money, signings but we probably needed another star too because we have ceded ground to our competitors in not doing so.

That said, I think Jack could move inside and he is not less technically able then Gundo; he doesn’t have Gundo’s smarts, not many do, but he is no mug and, like Mr Whippy, he can play sensible football.

The club rarely does much in January but to not do so this season would be negligent. We need a full back, defensive midfielder and a forward, preferably all with pace as well as top notch technique.

Pep also needs to encourage a bit more risk taking.

Title Race is over for me today. I knew they would drop points with going away to the club world cup. City are in a top 4 race. No desire to chase back and no desire to stop crosses, basics of defending. City will be well out of the top four positions when they get back from the club world cup, with the extra pressure that brings will see them drop more points.
Dick !

Pep must have agreed to play him if he stayed and it's killing us, now his pace and game awareness have gone he is like a man down. He should have been punted after his howler at Sheff U.

Remember beginning of the season when pep talking about him and him signing a new contract he talked about him being good in the dressing Room as in if there is a problem with a player he solves it or makes the difference! After I heard him say this I had the feeling he would be starting majority of our games and being chosen 2nd behind Kdb tells me the players respect him too.. when ever we play Lewis as the right back we see on more balanced as a team to

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.