Gabriel Jesus - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has great potential, but as for the present, I'm not getting this superstar status some are giving him. He looks exactly what he is... a raw kid, like Iheanacho.

He has great potential, but as for the present, I'm not getting this superstar status some are giving him. He looks exactly what he is... a raw kid, like Iheanacho.

Unfortunately this is how I see it. His performances since he returned from injury have been nowhere near as good as those first few games.
I would be interested to see him play wide or up front on his own.

He covers so much ground, he works hard, he links play well.

Maybe I benefited because I was at the game, but you only get to appreciate Jesus when you watch him move off the ball. He's so clever. He creates space for himself like I've never seen.

The trio of Jesus, Sane and Sterling with De Bruyne in support produced the highest quality of football we played last season excluding the early games.

I think Aguero doesn't fit with our natural playing style. His quality is undoubted, I still love him as much as ever, and there should be plenty of opportunities for him to be the star we know he is this season. But given Jesus's potential, current ability, and style of play, it only makes sense to play him over Aguero.

just look where the kid played yesterday, he was midfielder for most of the time. Was never as bad as people are pointing and should stay as he was doing twice better job there than silva. He has problems with not being clinical in front of the goal recently but looking at us it's probably something we trained out of him since he came.

..it's probably something we trained out of him since he came.
I think so too, but I hope I am wrong.

He is not world-class like Lewandowski or Messi, but he has enough potential.
This season is very important for his career.

Time will tell. So far he disappointed.

The guy is well on his way to being an absolute superstar and I'd be surprised to see him not mentioned as one of the best forwards in the world within the next few years. Comparisons with Iheanacho couldn't be further wide of the mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.