General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
She's deliberately making sure that she doesn't win by a landslide. Playing it ultra safe by maintaining the lowest of profiles, ditching a few hostage to fortune policies. She'll probably end up with a 60 - 70 seat majority. Enough to push through her brexit legislation without having to worry about Dorries & Co. Enough to allow her to claim a personal mandate. Enough to keep Corbyn in his job.
Victory by only 60 to 70 over Jezza would be seen as a defeat.
100 minimum victory is required.

She's been almost as bad as Cameron in 2015
She's having a shocker. An absolute shocker. People are now getting to see and hear Corbyn and finding he's not as bad as the media have been telling them he is. And he's delivering a compelling message along with a genuinely radical manifesto that seems to offer a lot of answers to their problems. Labour are also using social media far better and engaging young people who previously haven't been registered to vote.

Meanwhile she's coming over really badly, wooden, spouting meaningless slogans and offering nothing.

Tories will probably still win but she may not have a much bigger majority than she has now. Then the knives will be out for her and Boris will have one in each hand.

Victory by only 60 to 70 over Jezza would be seen as a defeat.
100 minimum victory is required.

100+ seat majority would probably see Corbyn out of a job. Might see Labour regain its senses

Why win one election when you can win the next one at the same time?

you not in favour of workers rights

Sorry to break it to you, but a lot of people are quite happy to work without 'supposed' workers rights and have no problem with Zero hour contracts etc as it can suit their lifestyle and gives them a 'choice' of how & when to work.
Gordon Brown & co waged a constant war against temporary workers, contractors & the self-employed for years, and Corbyn & co want to dish up more of the same going off their manifesto.
Seems like they are going to try force as many people as they can to become trade union lead employees, by introducing as much tax & red tape as they can to a whole sector of the work-force.
For that reason i can't vote Labour while they try force this ideology onto people, whilst claiming it's for their benefit, when those people don't want it in the first place.

Not only did they manage to take my grans house (worth about 60k at the time) they also got stuck into the pension my grandad got from the military. The reason? dementia was 'mot on the list' of illness' that qualified for exemption. After 102 years of living, her husband fighting in a war and then being in the civil service until retirement she was able to leave her children exactly fuck all.

We don't often agree on here but that's a disgrace. If your grandparents had pissed their lives away, they'd have paid nothing.

As I read the current situation, you can pass a £425k estate on without incurring a penny of Inheritance Tax. Double that to £850k for a married couple. But if one of you is stricken by dementia, that same estate could get robbed of £750k. In effect they've simultaneously ramped up death tax on the poorly while reducing it for the healthy.

How the fcuk is this "Tories moving to the left"? It stinks and I'm amazed there hasn't been a bigger backlash.

Anyway, they have lost my vote. That'll teach the bastards.

100+ seat majority would probably see Corbyn out of a job. Might see Labour regain its senses

Why win one election when you can win the next one at the same time?
You telling me she's actually trying to engineer a victory by a certain number of seats?Come on mate.
The danger for her is that the Tories have invested everything in this campaign in her character and personality. Public opinion on that can change quickly with potential huge shifts in the polls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.