Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

Absolutely correct mate. Unrelated, but one of my favourite memories from an international tournament is the other year when the English “firms” got utterly, completely, and absolutely smashed to smithereens by a smaller number of proper ‘hooligans’, the Russians.
Theses gobby, cowardly, shit-house wankers got complete fucked up and slapped all the way back to “Ingerland”.

Absolutely brilliant and richly deserved.

They’ve barely made a peep ever since. I’ve never seen a single film of a “hooligan” having a fair one on one straightener. Because they’re all, to a man, exclusively cowards.
There were a lot of shirters and women who got leathered that day by the Russians. I’m talking chairs smashed over heads, kicked in the head, heads stamped on when already unconscious… completely normal every day people who were just over there for football. Kids were being thrown and kicked over.

It was not absolutely brilliant at all.

Stupid bottle throwing England fans, I said if you read it properly.
Did I say England firm?
Just take a deep breath before writing the essay

I did and I stand by every word. You seemed to revel in innocent shirter England fans getting in your words, "Mothered." You did add bottle throwing too, though chair throwing might be more appropriate. I merely pointed out the England fans over there were a far cry from the sort of England fans who went years ago and therefore easy pickings for military trained Russian steroid freaks complete with go pros. Maybe you need to take a deep breath eh?

Last edited:
Thought so, all the local rags were out that day for City. I was in the Chesterfield kop and it was pretty moody in there to the left hand side, a few city were in and it kicked off. Chesterfield rags, fucking hundreds of the twats
They were moody for sure Fordy
Looking to take big scalps no doubt
We were having a decent post match slurp with their lads and one of their ‘Captains’ all of whom were sound, until their main man came in and we were ‘asked’ to leave ;-)

I did and I stand by every word. You seemed to revel in innocent shirter England fans getting in your words, "Mothered." You did add bottle throwing too, though chair throwing might be more appropriate. I merely pointed out the England fans over there were a far cry from the sort of England fans who went years ago and therefore easy pickings for military trained Russian steroid freaks complete with go pros. Maybe you need to take a deep breath eh?
I'll take your word for it then as you appear to be very knowledgeable on the matter.
"Revel" hahaha

I'll take your word for it then as you appear to be very knowledgeable on the matter.
"Revel" hahaha

If you weren't around in the prime hooligan days you haven't got a clue, nobody who wasn't there has. You can see the odd skirmish now and then at games nowadays but trust me it is kids stuff to what used to happen. Not glorifying it but that's how it was. Everytime you ventured to a game you risked getting jumped, fighting or legging it.

If you weren't around in the prime hooligan days you haven't got a clue, nobody who wasn't there has. You can see the odd skirmish now and then at games nowadays but trust me it is kids stuff to what used to happen. Not glorifying it but that's how it was. Everytime you ventured to a game you risked getting jumped, fighting or legging it.
And i loved it back then.
But we've all had to grow up and become grandads, which is much more fulfilling and rewarding.
At least i've still got the memories of some "very eventful" times with city all over the country and i wouldn't swap those for anything

And i loved it back then.
But we've all had to grow up and become grandads, which is much more fulfilling and rewarding.
At least i've still got the memories of some "very eventful" times with city all over the country and i wouldn't swap those for anything

It's just how it was back then. The people getting involved now are nuts with all the CCTV, banning orders etcetera. In our day it was a cuff around the ear off a copper or a £25 fine if you were unlucky enough to be caught.
Europe came to the party 20 years too late. If they want to claim a victory battering normal fans and shirters they can, but they know it's a hollow one.

I remember the home derby, forget the exact year, when they started building the new estate on upper Lloyd St, Tommy Johnson walk, Fred Tilson close, and all the bricks were along the edge of the site on upper Lloyd St, unbelievable brick fight before and after the game everyone was getting hit, men, women, kids and coppers both sets of fans going crazy throwing full bricks at one another.
During the match there was bricks flying back and forth across the Kippax and the no man’s land which then was just the rope from top to bottom, that noise as bricks and bottles were thrown up into the metal roof trusses you never forget it if you were there in those years, and also the young female blue launching a full scalding hot bovril drink into the face of a rag as they walked up the tunnel after he’d made some comment about her. Certainly no pavement dancers back then, it happened every week every ground up and down the country, you did what you had to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.