In some universe...

Mark Robbin misses late on the FA Cuo semifinal against Oldham. Oldham score and go through.

Excellent, shame this didn't happen although this would've affected the situation we have today. Be interesting though to see who would've dominated the next 20 years.

Excellent, shame this didn't happen although this would've affected the situation we have today. Be interesting though to see who would've dominated the next 20 years.

You talking about the goal that supposedly saved Fergie? That was 3rd of the cup against Forest.

Hughes scored that wonder goal (slipped over and hit his big toe) at Wembley in the last minute of extra time in the cup against Oldham.

its all if's and what could have been ?? but this club gets you and your here for the love not the glory we built this club to what it is today the fan base hard core fans turning up week in week out for nothing more than the shirt and badge. we never demanded glory from the club we stuck together in hope the club would some how win silverware one day the dream was always about wembley could we bring home something to show off in manchester and wave the blue and white colours at the town hall

in some ways it earned us the respect from others teams in the top league and many would love the fan base manchester city have the most loyal fans in football. if only manchester city could have turned that 1986 youth team into hands of better owners and managers ?? i really think we would be talking about manchester city in the same breath of fergie and the class of 1992. so in-some-other-universe manchester city would have been champions of england and europe back in the late 1980s the team would have gone on to win multiple titles and become the major power house in football

its all if's and what could have been ?? but this club gets you and your here for the love not the glory we built this club to what it is today the fan base hard core fans turning up week in week out for nothing more than the shirt and badge. we never demanded glory from the club we stuck together in hope the club would some how win silverware one day the dream was always about wembley could we bring home something to show off in manchester and wave the blue and white colours at the town hall

in some ways it earned us the respect from others teams in the top league and many would love the fan base manchester city have the most loyal fans in football. if only manchester city could have turned that 1986 youth team into hands of better owners and managers ?? i really think we would be talking about manchester city in the same breath of fergie and the class of 1992. so in-some-other-universe manchester city would have been champions of england and europe back in the late 1980s the team would have gone on to win multiple titles and become the major power house in football
But I wouldn't have had it any other way than this. The only thing I feel sad about are the loyal blues who went through what we went through and did not make it through to see Mancini's team and this team. But thanks to them. Their loyalty kept City going through the dark days.

I do worry what City will become in years to come though. There are some nasty people on here who enjoy demeaning other blues which is entirely alien to our tradition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.