Its now easier to say goodbye to the old guard?

He is clearly not the same player, due to age and injuries, if he was to stay I worry that fans could start getting on his back. Im not saying it will happen or that is has happened, just that it could, and I would hate to see that happen to zabba.

In terms of his legacy I will forever remember him for the warrior that he is, however some people have short memories and only think of the here and now, just look at Toure.
Zabaleta is back to his best.

You'll see when Navas comes back.

It will be tough to see Zaba go. Even though he isn't as good, he still gives it his all.

I'll look forward to Yaya leaving, he doesn't care about the club. He's shown that the past few summers where he and his agent chat complete bollocks.

I agree its the right time to move Yaya on but theres no way his poor performances will tarnish his status in my mind. He's been involved in every big moment this club has gone through since the owners came in, so for me its about separating the times when they are past it, from the times when they are at their peak.

I mean Yaya's stand out moments are pretty great:
- Winning goal against United in the 2011 FA Cup Semi Final at Wembley. In my eyes his best moment, witnessing that at Wembley was quite something, thats when I knew we had arrived.
- Winning goal in the 2011 FA Cup Final at Wembley.
- 2 Vital/Winning goals in the penultimate game of the 2011/12 season against Newcastle setting us on our way to our first league title in 44 years.
- Amazing long range strike from out of nowhere to pull us level in the 2013/14 League Cup Final, which turned the game and led us to the cup.
- 20 league goals in 2013/14 season which led us to the title.

Football fans have short term memories, when things are going bad they tend to forget the good parts. Yaya Toure at his best is a very dynamic player, sadly he's now 32 years old and losing that part of that game. He's playing in a system and in big games that he's no longer suitable for.

For people to say it won't be a big thing when he leaves, well I just can't believe that. It may be the right thing to do but it'll still be a big deal to me.

I agree its the right time to move Yaya on but theres no way his poor performances will tarnish his status in my mind. He's been involved in every big moment this club has gone through since the owners came in, so for me its about separating the times when they are past it, from the times when they are at their peak.

I mean Yaya's stand out moments are pretty great:
- Winning goal against United in the 2011 FA Cup Semi Final at Wembley. In my eyes his best moment, witnessing that at Wembley was quite something, thats when I knew we had arrived.
- Winning goal in the 2011 FA Cup Final at Wembley.
- 2 Vital/Winning goals in the penultimate game of the 2011/12 season against Newcastle setting us on our way to our first league title in 44 years.
- Amazing long range strike from out of nowhere to pull us level in the 2013/14 League Cup Final, which turned the game and led us to the cup.
- 20 league goals in 2013/14 season which led us to the title.

Football fans have short term memories, when things are going bad they tend to forget the good parts. Yaya Toure at his best is a very dynamic player, sadly he's now 32 years old and losing that part of that game. He's playing in a system and in big games that he's no longer suitable for.

For people to say it won't be a big thing when he leaves, well I just can't believe that. It may be the right thing to do but it'll still be a big deal to me.

Furthermore, I guarantee he will be rejuvenated at his next club which, makes it all the more frustrating. He's lost his edge because he always wants to be the top man at a club - nothing wrong with that, but we are such a different club than the one in 2011. A great player for us who brought us to a higher level, but like all things it is now time to move on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.