Jason Denayer brawl recording

Each to their own, in my opinion he could have tried to restrain him or punched him. If he had tried this and still couldn't get the guy off his mate then ok maybe he needed to escalate it but I still don't agree with kicking anyone in the face unless there is no other option.

That is a very measured and completely unrealistic response.

He was probably wrong to do it & could've handled it better (i.e. pulled the guy off)... But c'mon, your mates getting his face bashed in, you don't just stand & watch - he landed one blow which was enough to end the damage to his friend & no more; personally think that is a fairly normal way to react with the adrenaline pumping, no different to what a lot of other people would do in a similar situation. Just unfortunate for him that it was on camera & he's a football player.

Fucking hell I hope I never get into a situation like this with you lot around! You'd just stand there and let me die!

I'm sorry but if I saw a mate taking a beating like that I wouldn't hesitate to kick the guy in the face if he had no intention of stopping as the guy in the video clearly doesn't... You don't start fucking someone up like that and expect people to just let you carry out your attack, Jason would be more of a shithouse for just standing there or walking away... I know they're professionals and role models but jesus, they have emotions, they're protective and have fight or flight reflexes just like the rest of us, it's a human trait if someone wants to hurt your clan you stop them.

Yes he could have dragged him off rather than kicking him but have you ever tried that? It's fucking hard moving someone that doesn't want to be moved and that's if the guy doesn't start beating on you as well, for all we know he could have tried dragging him off and failed, so in that case a kick is 100% called for

I'm not condoning violence, all this is coming from a pacifist but there's a time for being a model pro and a time for being human

I'm with you on this one. The guy he kicks is getting his punches off quick. The fastest way to stop in from where Jason is stood is a swift kick or knee. If he was going to drag him off, he'd need be stood round the other side really. The few seconds extra it would take to position him self to drag him off would allow the guy throwing punches the chance to get a few more off.

You could argue JD could have dragged the other guy off by his legs but in the heat of the moment I think he's done what a lot of people would have done if it was their mate on the bottom.

Not sure if there are many good reasons for the first response to be kicking a guy in the head. However, from Denayer's perspective, he has just run over from his vehicle, his friend is on the ground being beaten, and we cannot see what he can see (blood, damage,etc...). I'll reserve judgment on his actions, especially given there is apparently a longer version of this clip. Indeed, it is telling that he was not charged in the event.

Personally, I think I'd first try pulling the guy off my mate, then try smacking him if that didn't work, and only then resort to kicking him in the body. I think things would have to be pretty seriousfor me to take a swing at a guy's head with my foot, as I think it could be deadly. I have been in a fight where my first instinct was to kick the guy, because it was to my advantage and it stopped the event in its tracks, so I don't want to be hypocritical. In my defence, it was not in the head, but the side of the knee.

Most serious self defence courses explain how your primary motivator has to be escape, and the violence needed to effect that escape, if necessary. In this instance, the violence seems to have helped that escape, so it was successful. Lawful? Well, that's for another day, but his friend is alive, which is the main thing.

Having watched the full video, this doesn't look great at all for Jason.
He literally watches the scuffle ensue, sees the other person getting the better of his friend, then lands the kick. He clearly had better options for stopping this fight all together for me. Here's the link:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.