Leaving out Elano

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
If I had suggested that he gve away 5 or 6 passes for every successful one then it might be justified to suggest I am an idiot for doing so.

This is what you said:

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
This might be eyecatching but I honestly believes that those who defend him are falling into the 'Beckham syndrome'. Ie: 5 or 6 attempts to get a pass to do something spectacular which give the ball away, yet when one succeeds in finding its target all the others are forgoten.

Fact is Hughes hasn't played Elano in his preferred position because of the arrival of Robinho and Irelands excellent contribution further forward which resulted in Elano playing in a deeper role on the left.

Elano has tried to compensate by pinging 60 yard balls which rarely come off, or linking up with Robinho who invariably was closest to him. Unfortunately he can't cut the mustard in the engine room in the Premiership and quickly became frustrated (pissing off Hughes at the same time).

It appears Hughes has now alienated him with his style of management and I doubt we will never see him pull on a City shirt again. Instead we have to watch clowns like Vassell who cannot perform in his best position never mind when he is played out of position.

It is this inflexibility of Hughes and his management style that believe will quickly alienate (if not already) the more gifted players, never mind the supporters as we resort to Richard Dunne launching more and more 50 yard bombs to ineffectual grafters to chase down.

Hughes seems to be putting square pegs in round holes ala SP as long as those square pegs can put a shift in.

Sick of it

I'd much rather keep Elano than Hughes. Setanta are spot on when they question Hughes about picking Benjani or Vassell over Elano.

I am sick and tired of Hughes' pathetic attempts to use Elano as a scapegoat for his inability to manage our team.
If Elano's performance was not good enough to pick him against West Brom or at least put him on the bench, how are Vassell's, Benjani's , Richard's , Dunne's, Fernandes' performances good enough.

I am seriously getting so pissed off everytime Hughes opens his mouth now!

Elano is one of the most talented players we've got at the club and i'd be gutted to lose him in January especially considering he's not been given a proper run of games in a more advanced position which is where he's best. It's seems that Hughes is willing to give Benjani and Vassell a run of games where they do very little yet still don't get dropped however as soon as Elano has one bad game he's dropped to the bench and then to not pick him in the squad against the worst team in the premiership because 'he's not been up to stratch' is fucking ridiculous

Despite him not being great this season he's still had some good games despite playing in a deeper position than he's played previously. His use of the ball is excellent most times and we've all seen what he's capable as he shown last season and has shown at times this season, why get rid of a player who is quite clearly good enough to be in the squad? It makes no sense to me at all, surely it would make sense to get rid of the players who don't have much quality before getting rid of the likes of Elano unless Hughes is getting rid because of differences between himself and Elano

Uhhh Setanta?

Please pray tell where us where Elano should play and replace

Swp? No

Kompany uhhh? No

Robinho?

Ireland? Sure lets drop Ireland UHHH No

The fact is the strikers(Direct) who Hughes inherited are either

Sturridge, Caicedo, Evans, Jo all inexperienced

Or

Benjani, Vassell, Castillo all useless

Bojinov, Petrov both long term injured.

It makes me sick when I read that Jo was a Hughes signing.

Front six by this reasoning would be.

SWP IRELAND KOMPANY ROBINHO

ELANO

GOD HELP US

Looks slightly lightweight to me

possibly it may be however, until Petrov returns if ever

Ireland Kompany Robinho SWP

Caicedo Jo

Speaking with a couple of Chelsea mates whilst discussing our current dire predicament (who were not taking the piss) said that he was quite comfortable when SWP was required to play on the left by Mourinho, he is a pro footballer after all.

As one said it today, if it had been Henry who scored our Goal or Torres on Saturday, it would have been hailed as Genius.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.