Leonardo Bonucci

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think letting Otamendi go was ever part of the plans, with doubts remaining over Kompany's fitness. Think the Bonucci boat has sailed, but wouldn't be surprised if we went back in for Laporte next summer.

I'm not sure we will go in for Laporte again now mate. We placed a huge amount of faith in still pursuing him after his ankle break, yet he left us hanging and eventually signed a new deal.

Curiously, I wonder what he thinks of his decision to stay at Bilbao now, especially after seeing our superb start to the season.

I'm not sure we will go in for Laporte again now mate. We placed a huge amount of faith in still pursuing him after his ankle break, yet he left us hanging and eventually signed a new deal.

Curiously, I wonder what he thinks of his decision to stay at Bilbao now, especially after seeing our superb start to the season.
not only that, but his release clause is now something like 15m higher as well.

Ah! The Bonucci wankfest. Yup still haven't changed my opinion. Don't want no aging CB from the Italian league. Sorry. Bad decision dodged if you ask me. :)

We should be looking at Gimenez at Atleti, young and would suit our style very well IMO.
has a £50m release clause I think, bit steep, but given the prices nowadays and the £47.5m we paid for Stones, £50m price doesn't sound too bad for a young defender who is also comfortable on the ball + can defend. But we definitely need another CB given Kompany's reliability issues + Kolarov is not a long term solution either given he is 31 in November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.