Manchester Storm - Ice Hockey

I only twigged after seeing it on here but quite a few busses are about in town with the adverts on. Hopefully a lot of word of mouth is kicking in now too. We had reasonably decent crowds last season but there is always room for more:) Come along.

as for atmosphere, its good but I never experienced the Original storm days, the wife was a season ticket holder back then too. the Nynex sell (17k odd ) out is still the largest Ice hockey crowed in European history so it will be tough to beat. Alty has about 2k seats, the big hitters are Nottingham who average over 5k a week.

I was there for the Steelers game! Wasn't it later revealed that loads of freebies were given out to fill the place up?

If anyone wants to be somewhat put off by Ice Hockey youtube "Clint Malarchuk accident." After said incident, I think he returned 2 weeks later to playing but probably in part due to PTSD ended up shooting himself in the head - which he also survived.

Amazing sport Ice Hockey but potential for gruesome injuries.

Last night was the first pre-season game for the Storm and despite going 3-0 down they battled back to 4-3 and saw them lead 6-4 with 2 minutes to go and then tiredness and concentration hit them and conceded two late goals and went on to lose in overtime 7-6. But for a team playing their 1st game against a side playing their 5th, they more than matched them for the whole game and just match sharpness cost them.

It was a good match, and we've had a good 90% player turn over so most of those players had never played together before, there was a lot of promise in that showing. This weekend's double header against sheffield will show more.

It was a fairly decent crowed for the 1st pre season match too.

If anyone wants to be somewhat put off by Ice Hockey youtube "Clint Malarchuk accident." After said incident, I think he returned 2 weeks later to playing but probably in part due to PTSD ended up shooting himself in the head - which he also survived.

Amazing sport Ice Hockey but potential for gruesome injuries.

Yep, it would be like playing footie with knives on your feet, those skate blades are rather sharp, I could easily have cut my finger on my blades when I had them edged a while back. I know when I was learning as a kid they make sure you wear gloves incase you fall and someone skates over your hand.

this was the main one I remembered

Yep, it would be like playing footie with knives on your feet, those skate blades are rather sharp, I could easily have cut my finger on my blades when I had them edged a while back. I know when I was learning as a kid they make sure you wear gloves incase you fall and someone skates over your hand.

this was the main one I remembered

It's grim but can't exactly do much about it - have seen pics of bad scars around the mouth area as well. I've seen a lot wear neck guards with that being the critical unprotected area but it can be a subject of micky taking if you wear one as I've heard from on-ice conversations in the NHL (not sure if they're uncomfortable/a detriment to players on ice.

NHL Mic'd up videos on youtube are funny if anyone wants a laugh re: ice hockey.

European players seem to wear like neck warmer type of shirts under their kit and decreases the risk, but it is extremely rare for it happen. Though saying that, buy both those incidents occured in Buffalo.

We played Steelers twice this weekend, one we won ( they were at reduced strength mind you ) and the other we lost but it was close. so for a team thats only been together for 2 weeks and had 3 matches, 2 against the steelers we are looking very good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.