Mikel Arteta

One hell of a risk taking on either of those jobs, I think he will stick around a little longer.

Do you think Pep has "given him his break" so that he won't push on to be a manager?

I don't see the point in nurturing and development potential successors for them to go to your rival and go against you, so only in a scenario like Vieira where he does it within our remit.

If hes that good then hopefully we keep him.

Perfect scenario would be for him to stay another year or 2, then get 2 seasons experience somewhere like Everton or Arsenal so we could know if he's good enough to succede Pep in 4 years time or so.

Once arteta learns the difference between a muffin and a barm he can take over the chippy order from Brian Kidd and let the poor man retire.

Being brought up in Collyhurst Kidd would know it was a muffin, so he'll have passed on that info to anyone coming into the club. I think this is why we are saving so many penalties - the goalies are stuffin' on chip muffins.

As with the United job after Ferguson, I'd rather be the manager after the first replacement. Or even the one after that.

Different situations to an extent of course, Arsenal are in a worse place than united were. But does anyone think they will challenge top 4 in next 2 years? All 5 teams currently above them will invest heavily again in the summer. And people would expect instant improvement. I would stay clear for now.

Him and Wenger aren't even on speaking terms, having chosen to go to City.

He will be signing a new City deal shortly.

That's the same as Wenger and Henry and Wenger and Vieira then.

It's almost like he systematically drove any former players interested in coaching away from Arsenal.

That's the same as Wenger and Henry and Wenger and Vieira then.

It's almost like he systematically drove any former players interested in coaching away from Arsenal.
There is a quite weird obsession with refusing to allow players to leave Arsenal. A long list of players who have left in the past have suffered non stop abuse from arsenal 'fans'. Throw in Wenger's consistent snide digs at everyone and anyone and its no wonder none of them ever go back. The job will be a poisoned chalice if as expected he sticks around and becomes DoF or something.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.