New Ticket Points System idea

It's probably impossible to get a system in place that makes every supporter happy. However, the current system, with it's lack of any transparency is making the majority of our away support unhappy so reform is needed.

It's an area that the club have handled appallingly in my opinion. The added cost of platinum season tickets coupled with no points for away games just means that you're paying to stay on the rung of the ladder and nothing more. While the club seem quite happy to allow and facilitate the sale of tickets for games that are in high demand to those who have the extra money, regardless of whether they've any level of support in the past.

Personally, I've no interest in going to either Old Trafford or Anfield but we're seeing games further afield (especially London) where large groups of tourists are getting tickets and as a consequence, these tickets are getting harder and harder to get hold of for genuine blues that are likely to support the club regardless of any success. It's ruining our away support.

I've said it before. The points system was fair. There were and still are plenty of games to build points. The club could even offer more points for the less glamorous games like Newcastle in the league cup or Red Star Belgrade for example and those that are willing to do these games regularly will gain significant steps on those above them and eventually be in a position to qualify for the more in demand games.

It needs policing and transparency though and the club are not arsed one bit so we're all left fighting with each other in order to obtain tickets.

Unfortunately, the club are only really arsed about those who are willing to cough up a fair bit more than your average season ticket holder and that's the way it is.

The next step will likely be a proportion of the tickers being held back for ballot. They'll more than likely come out of the pool that would go to points holders so not to affect the corporate allocation or the gravy train of club staff tickets.

The ballot on the face of it will give every supporter at least the mirage of a chance of obtaining an away ticket to the more in demand games but the reality will probably be somewhat different. It'll be something that the club can hide behind though in order to keep it the way that it is.

I don't think anyone has a bone to pick with fans getting tickets that are prepared to go week in week out to away games. It is just very frustrating hearing about some of the fans that can get their hands on tickets, who are just having a one off experience, which is clearly dampening the away fans atmosphere. The Arsenal game was a prime example.

All current points converted to ‘legacy points’ at a rate of 1000 ticket points to 2 legacy points, these stay on forever. These will be rounded up.
E.g 17810 = 36 legacy points

Then a ticket point is awarded 1 per home game and added to your total. These will stay on for 5 years and then roll off. No points for away games as whoring would return.

Also if ticket is not scanned at the gate then a point is not awarded. England do this with their 'caps' so I don't see why City couldn't. This would improve home attendance and atmosphere.

This system rewards loyalty and also gives people the chance to catch up.
Points whorers would return? what a load of bollox. That narative was a load of rubbish then and still a load of rubbish now. I bet you was somebody in favour of scrapping the away points and now that it is still not working for you, your dreaming up of something else. You wont be catching up with me so forget it.

Funny how these posts always pop up around derby day. Seems like the OP didn’t get a ticket - sorry pal but if you don’t put the hard yards in you don’t deserve one. Simple.
FFS!! It's not about putting in hard yards It's about a higher proportion of tickets being sold as hospitality packages with no points required.

The days of putting the hard yards are over if you’re just stuck in the Same position.

I might not attended another away game for 10 years then decide I think I’ll go to united away. And I’ll still stay ahead of everyone even if they’ve been to every away game in those 10 years

The days of putting the hard yards are over if you’re just stuck in the Same position.

I might not attended another away game for 10 years then decide I think I’ll go to united away. And I’ll still stay ahead of everyone even if they’ve been to every away game in those 10 years
That’s why it should revert to how it was.

Funny how the Chelsea allocation has been announced
Practically the same no’s as OT
But down to 20000 points
Amazing that
Cheers City
Thank You for your loyal support !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.