Paphos, Cyprus

Booked an all inclusive here for early October. Any recommendations for food or things to do?

Looking forward to trying somewhere new, and hopefully the weather is still okay.
Went to Paphos middle of October 3 years ago, it was still hot, in fact for 2 days it was in the 90s but not sure if that is normal
We stayed on Tombs of the Kings road which is a long strip full of bars and restaurants, try The Farmhouse restaurant for steaks and Pit Stop and Green Corner for drinks and Sky TV for games, too many other bars to mention
Bar St near the harbour is lively but the best bars are at the beginning of it, Robin Hood is big and good, seek out Zorro's bar, when we were there quite a few blues in who worked there but might not be like that now, if you are all inclusive you are probably in one of the big hotels just out of the harbour area, there is a beach nearby at Geroskipou popular with Greeks, not brilliant beaches in Paphos but we found Lighthouse beach the best bottom of TOTKR, try a trip out to Coral Beach about 3 miles out of Paphos 1euro50c on the bus from the harbour bus station, a resort on it's own with the best beach in the area
Paphos is big, to see the best of it i would hire a car, Polis and Latchi are worth visiting and there are loads of mountains nearby to drive through, we drove across the island by the coast road to Protaras, Ayia Nappa and Fig Tree Bay very nice places, Limassol is also worth a visit for shopping but found Nicosia very hot crowded and manic, if Paphos FC are playing at home go it's an experience, the ground is just outside town centre near a huge Debenhams, i recommend Paphos

Booked an all inclusive here for early October. Any recommendations for food or things to do?

Looking forward to trying somewhere new, and hopefully the weather is still okay.

I'm here right now, the weather is scorching. We've got a swim up room so we literally haven't moved yet!

Going to visit some of the archaeological sites in a couple of days and find somewhere to watch city.

What hotel you staying at?

I'm here right now, the weather is scorching. We've got a swim up room so we literally haven't moved yet!

Going to visit some of the archaeological sites in a couple of days and find somewhere to watch city.

Go to the archaelogical sight next to the lighthouse, they are still digging it, i'm not really into archaeology i'd rather go for a pint but that sight is amazing, Ancient Greek and Roman mosaics perfectly preserved like they were laid yesterday, also when you come out of the entrance after you'v been in your right on the harbour and it's many bars:)

Watch City in Zorro's bar or The Rose, big screen TV's

Troodos Mountains were nice as others have said and the Monastery is worth a trip.

Personally I found the rest of the place a bit sad when I went about 5 years ago. Went to hire a car from the hotel reception and was picked up from the hotel and driven about 10miles to be presented with an array of Datsun Cherrys. I asked for something newer and was told a Proton was due in soon. Then they wouldn't take credit cards. I had to take one of the cars otherwise I was stranded.

Went to Paphos middle of October 3 years ago, it was still hot, in fact for 2 days it was in the 90s but not sure if that is normal
We stayed on Tombs of the Kings road which is a long strip full of bars and restaurants, try The Farmhouse restaurant for steaks and Pit Stop and Green Corner for drinks and Sky TV for games, too many other bars to mention
Bar St near the harbour is lively but the best bars are at the beginning of it, Robin Hood is big and good, seek out Zorro's bar, when we were there quite a few blues in who worked there but might not be like that now, if you are all inclusive you are probably in one of the big hotels just out of the harbour area, there is a beach nearby at Geroskipou popular with Greeks, not brilliant beaches in Paphos but we found Lighthouse beach the best bottom of TOTKR, try a trip out to Coral Beach about 3 miles out of Paphos 1euro50c on the bus from the harbour bus station, a resort on it's own with the best beach in the area
Paphos is big, to see the best of it i would hire a car, Polis and Latchi are worth visiting and there are loads of mountains nearby to drive through, we drove across the island by the coast road to Protaras, Ayia Nappa and Fig Tree Bay very nice places, Limassol is also worth a visit for shopping but found Nicosia very hot crowded and manic, if Paphos FC are playing at home go it's an experience, the ground is just outside town centre near a huge Debenhams, i recommend Paphos
My bad... I was talking about the stadium in Limassol but sure the Pahos one is just as crazy...

I went to a Cyprus v Scotland qualifier there (Limassol) once.. (not a jock but we got tickets as I was over there in the mob) it was mental... the stands were literally swaying with the fans jumping up and down...

The ref had to be driven off the pitch at the end in a police car...

The jocks were going mental down on the strip in Limassol and the local police locked themselves in their station so they didn't have to deal with them...

For games there the locals just park on the dual carriageway.. literally anywhere they can stop..

If you get a car drive east along the coast (not the motorway) past Aphrodite's Rock (which is worth a visit) to Milanda Beach (last mile on a dirt road last time I was there). There's a cracking taverna that serves great fish and all the Cypriot favorites which is overlooking the sea, with nice shallow water for a paddle.

Also, if you venture up to the Troodos mountains and visit Kykkos monastery, take some trousers as they don't let you in wearing shorts. You can hire a pair from local traders tho. Kykkos is a fairly modern building but it houses one of the greatest artifacts of the orthodox world, a painting of the Virgin Mary that was said to have been done by the apostle Luke while the Virgin was alive. Trouble is, you're not allowed to look at it, in fact no one has since the 17 Century. But believers make the pilgrimage there just to be in its presence.

Troodos Mountains were nice as others have said and the Monastery is worth a trip.

Personally I found the rest of the place a bit sad when I went about 5 years ago. Went to hire a car from the hotel reception and was picked up from the hotel and driven about 10miles to be presented with an array of Datsun Cherrys. I asked for something newer and was told a Proton was due in soon. Then they wouldn't take credit cards. I had to take one of the cars otherwise I was stranded.
They wouldn't take credit cards 5 years ago because the banks had just crashed and the island was in a monetary crisis, my Sister went just after the crash and she had to take loads of cash, it was a cash only society for about 9 months!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.