Pierre Højbjerg

spinzer said:
Maldeika said:
spinzer said:
So today FC Bayern played a friendly where Pierre was the only one from bayern to play all 90 minutes.. the match ended 15-1. Doesn't seem to me like he's leaving. unfortunetly :(

He did not play the full 90 minutes - Can came back in somewhen for him, so both Emre and him shared the second half.

No - he for sure is not leaving. I guess he would not for all money in the world right now. Guardiola is known to promote youngsters - and him and Emre are in the pole position. He had a couple of interviews after the U23 matches at the end of last season - he seems to have fully adapted and confident.

Tymoschchuk is gone to St. Petersburg, Schweinsteiger will get a slow start again because of the operation after the season end, Gustavo and Martinez come back late from the ConfedCup - both youngsters who work in central midfield will get enough time to show themselves during the preparation weeks - and with Tymo gone and some additional matches they will get some match time this year.
HMm?? i read in an article about the match that Pierre was the only one to get the full 90 minutes??

I have seen the match and Can came back in again for him in the second half. The same they made yesterday again. They went to the two matches - one match against a fan club, the other one as charity for the flood catastrophy against a local club - with 21 players - one to short to sub everybody in half time.

Maldeika said:
spinzer said:
Maldeika said:
He did not play the full 90 minutes - Can came back in somewhen for him, so both Emre and him shared the second half.

No - he for sure is not leaving. I guess he would not for all money in the world right now. Guardiola is known to promote youngsters - and him and Emre are in the pole position. He had a couple of interviews after the U23 matches at the end of last season - he seems to have fully adapted and confident.

Tymoschchuk is gone to St. Petersburg, Schweinsteiger will get a slow start again because of the operation after the season end, Gustavo and Martinez come back late from the ConfedCup - both youngsters who work in central midfield will get enough time to show themselves during the preparation weeks - and with Tymo gone and some additional matches they will get some match time this year.
HMm?? i read in an article about the match that Pierre was the only one to get the full 90 minutes??

I have seen the match and Can came back in again for him in the second half. The same they made yesterday again. They went to the two matches - one match against a fan club, the other one as charity for the flood catastrophy against a local club - with 21 players - one to short to sub everybody in half time.
Aight cheers for that mate. Btw who do you rate the highest of those two?? both cracking talents ;)

spinzer said:
Maldeika said:
spinzer said:

Aight cheers for that mate. Btw who do you rate the highest of those two?? both cracking talents ;)

I am not good in judging talents - it is especially difficult as it is central midfield positions where you peek at an older age. But - Höjbjerg has really got to me. I have seen a couple of interviews with him after the U23-matches and he just has something special. Very wise, very intelligent, very humble, very eager, hard working. He knows that he does have a lot of time to develop. No hurry. He started in the U17 at Bayern a year ago - now he is part of the professional team.

A lot just overestimate talent. Everybody of that U19 or U23 guys at the top clubs are extremely talented - it has to be the whole package including luck to get further.

Take Thomas Müller (or you could take Lahm or Schweinsteiger - there is a story with all of them). He was nearly sold in winter 2008/09 to Hoffenheim as Klinsmann did not rate him. Hoffenheim really wanted him but the prize Bayern asked for was too high for them and then the transfer period ended...

http://www.fcbayern.telekom.de/en/news/news/2013/43612.php

‘An exceptional talent’
Junior hopeful Hojbjerg takes centre stage

Bayern are well supplied for defensive midfielders, are they not? Ah, but Bastian Schweinsteiger is still recovering from foot surgery, Javi Martinez and Luiz Gustavo are not back from vacation, and Anatoliy Tymoshchuk has returned to Zenit St Petersburg after four years in Munich, so it means the Trentino training camp is the perfect stage for up-and-coming contenders to make their mark.

Chief among them is Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, the 17-year-old who made his Bundesliga debut for FCB towards the end of last season. “And he's now a fixture in the senior squad," Matthias Sammer confirmed when he spoke to fcbayern.de. The board director for sport described the young Dane as “an exceptional talent," who is already “very, very stable" both physically and mentally.

Hojbjerg underlined his ability on Wednesday evening in the first serious warm-up match of the current pre-season phase, a 3-0 success against Italian second division outfit Brescia Calcio. In the 4–1–4–1 formation currently being tried out by new boss Pep Guardiola, Hojbjerg started as the solitary holding midfielder and showed off his huge potential on many occasions.

The Danish national, who also holds a French passport, was a commanding presence in front of the back four, frequently dropping back to initiate build-up play, and permanently looking to get on the ball. “I really like it in the centre of the field, playing the ball a lot and dictating the pace," Hojbjerg told FCB.tv a few days ago. And despite the Italians’ robust tackling, he never once bottled a challenge or looked intimidated.

However, for all the youngster’s undoubted talent, Sammer issued a note of warning: “He's in the transition phase from junior to senior football." Even though Pierre-Emile completed 30 games and scored eight goals for FC Bayern II last term, he is still eligible for the under-19s, as he does not celebrate his 18th birthday until 5 August. “But it just comes naturally to him, and that's an important factor in making the breakthrough," explained Sammer, “all we have to do is give him the time he needs."

In Italy to learn

As for Hojbjerg himself, he is a model of modesty. “I think it's going pretty well," commented the youngster, who regards the training camp on the north shores of Lake Garda as a learning experience. “I'm getting a lot out of it, I'm picking up experience and I'm finding out how it all works," he reflected, “I'm enjoying every moment of every day that I'm here. I feel really good, comfortable and fit. It's a very good personal situation."

However, Pierre-Emile conceded, he will need to acclimatise to the unfamiliar role as the sole defensive midfielder: “Naturally, it won't happen overnight, but I'm making progress," he stated, “the coach has been a huge help and he speaks a lot to me." Guardiola has issued the youngster with detailed instructions, “and he's given me plenty of tips." For all that, Hojbjerg knows he is only just starting out on his career: “I want to get as much out of my talent as possible."

Maldeika said:
http://www.fcbayern.telekom.de/en/news/news/2013/43612.php

‘An exceptional talent’
Junior hopeful Hojbjerg takes centre stage

Bayern are well supplied for defensive midfielders, are they not? Ah, but Bastian Schweinsteiger is still recovering from foot surgery, Javi Martinez and Luiz Gustavo are not back from vacation, and Anatoliy Tymoshchuk has returned to Zenit St Petersburg after four years in Munich, so it means the Trentino training camp is the perfect stage for up-and-coming contenders to make their mark.

Chief among them is Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, the 17-year-old who made his Bundesliga debut for FCB towards the end of last season. “And he's now a fixture in the senior squad," Matthias Sammer confirmed when he spoke to fcbayern.de. The board director for sport described the young Dane as “an exceptional talent," who is already “very, very stable" both physically and mentally.

Hojbjerg underlined his ability on Wednesday evening in the first serious warm-up match of the current pre-season phase, a 3-0 success against Italian second division outfit Brescia Calcio. In the 4–1–4–1 formation currently being tried out by new boss Pep Guardiola, Hojbjerg started as the solitary holding midfielder and showed off his huge potential on many occasions.

The Danish national, who also holds a French passport, was a commanding presence in front of the back four, frequently dropping back to initiate build-up play, and permanently looking to get on the ball. “I really like it in the centre of the field, playing the ball a lot and dictating the pace," Hojbjerg told FCB.tv a few days ago. And despite the Italians’ robust tackling, he never once bottled a challenge or looked intimidated.

However, for all the youngster’s undoubted talent, Sammer issued a note of warning: “He's in the transition phase from junior to senior football." Even though Pierre-Emile completed 30 games and scored eight goals for FC Bayern II last term, he is still eligible for the under-19s, as he does not celebrate his 18th birthday until 5 August. “But it just comes naturally to him, and that's an important factor in making the breakthrough," explained Sammer, “all we have to do is give him the time he needs."

In Italy to learn

As for Hojbjerg himself, he is a model of modesty. “I think it's going pretty well," commented the youngster, who regards the training camp on the north shores of Lake Garda as a learning experience. “I'm getting a lot out of it, I'm picking up experience and I'm finding out how it all works," he reflected, “I'm enjoying every moment of every day that I'm here. I feel really good, comfortable and fit. It's a very good personal situation."

However, Pierre-Emile conceded, he will need to acclimatise to the unfamiliar role as the sole defensive midfielder: “Naturally, it won't happen overnight, but I'm making progress," he stated, “the coach has been a huge help and he speaks a lot to me." Guardiola has issued the youngster with detailed instructions, “and he's given me plenty of tips." For all that, Hojbjerg knows he is only just starting out on his career: “I want to get as much out of my talent as possible."
really looks like a superstar in the building ;)

In the making - yes. He needs the right environment etc. from now on.

Play the next half year still in the U23 and exercise with the professionals. Then maybe get loaned to a club like Freiburg - where they work a lot with the young players and have an exceptional coach. Something like this.

He is not an offensive player that you can really shine as a substitute on the wings so you can give him a lot playing practise in the club so early.

Maldeika said:

Play the next half year still in the U23 and exercise with the professionals. Then maybe get loaned to a club like Freiburg - where they work a lot with the young players and have an exceptional coach. Something like this.

He is not an offensive player that you can really shine as a substitute on the wings so you can give him a lot playing practise in the club so early.

You think signing Thiago will effect him?

BillyShears said:
Maldeika said:

You think signing Thiago will effect him?

Not really - or certainly not now. He is to green to get a spot in the professional team - he is 17 turning 18 next month. He exercises with the professionals (and a lot of the players say that the quality of that training sessions are a lot higher than most of the matches - the most of the bench players would play in 15 or 16 of the remaining teams) and plays for the U23. He would maybe get playing time in the cup against 2nd or 3rd league teams - or at the end of the year when you save energy for the Champions League - but not much.

He is a central midfielder - really the mixture between a 6 and an 8 - Bastian played on the wings until he was 24. Hojbjerg is a great prospect - he might already get playing time in the first league next to an experienced partner at a club in the lower parts of the league - for a top club it is simply just too early. He has it all - but needs to go step by step.

-----------

That Alcantara thing - I do not like it. I hope Guardiola knows that this club was great last year as it had a special structure and mixture in the team and the chemistry. That things can go wrong we have seen the year before - and that had not much too do with the style of playing but with personal decisions on the way there. Heynckes has learned out of it and done a lot right the next year.

Maldeika said:
That Alcantara thing - I do not like it. I hope Guardiola knows that this club was great last year as it had a special structure and mixture in the team and the chemistry. That things can go wrong we have seen the year before - and that had not much too do with the style of playing but with personal decisions on the way there. Heynckes has learned out of it and done a lot right the next year.

I rate Guardiola but it's a big gamble he's taking bringing in Thiago and promising him game time. Like you say, the dynamic of Bayern is what has made them so successful, certainly in the last 12 months. In a way it makes sense Pep wants to shake that up and stamp his own authority on the team, but on the other hand if it does by some twist of fate, not work out as he expected, then he'll be under pressure very quickly.

Interesting times ahead ... btw, I feel like I'm saying that a lot about nearly all the top european clubs. Many changes in personnel and dynamics.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.