PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It's part of the unfortunate hysteria of reporting.

Because there's no obvious rules around punishments, people let their imaginations run wild. There's a report in one paper about United staff wondering about getting winners medals for 2017/18.

The punishment could be a fine, points reduction, relegation, expulsion from the football system - even forcing the season to be replayed is theoretically within the Premier League's powers.

It's what makes people think they've been cheated when the club only gets a fine.
Yep, you don't get relegated or titles stripped for disagreements about putting expenditure X42y/7 in column 37b-12 rather than 37b-13.
That kind of extreme action comes after match fixing or bribing referees, not accounting minutiae.

I don’t know what everyone is worried about the majority of us has seen us win every domestic competition in England if we get put in division 2 so what we will still be there watching the blues I’m really not arsed about playing the dippers or scum ever again to be honest, let’s go to some real traditional grounds with proper supporters no tourists and a proper meat pie and pint all aboard the finglands coaches

I agree 100%. IMHO the possibility if sub-judice doesn't apply here as the PL have already decided we're guilty and come what mud will stick. Khaldoon should come out fighting and call out the entire organisation run by the cronies of the cartel clubs. At least it would put forward our case into the public domain. The so-called independent commission will be a kangaroo court with apparently no right of appeal. If (and when) found guilty, it would seem that the only recourse City would have is to sue in the High Court.
This has really got out of hand and all because the cartel didn't like us gatecrashing their little party. We've never been welcome since 2008 and we sure as hell won't be in the future.
This isn't a criminal case - yet! Sub-judice isn't relevant. We could put anything we want into the public domain, but that only attracts further attacks or counter arguments, and City are too professional to do that. They'll keep their powder dry for as long as possible. That's what good lawyers advise their clients to do, and that's what good lawyers do in practice.
City have the best lawyers. One way or the other, they've been working on these matters for several years now, have a great track record, and will hopefully remain one step ahead of the Cartel's game.

If you want a positive spin the media is not the place to look. For every fair article/comment there will be 1000 the opposite. I haven’t watched SSN, or been on twitter since this broke, because I know what I would be letting myself in for.
I haven't looked until just now but someone posted it on here so just had a peek, then switched off, will be cancelling the Sky subscription when my deal runs out at the end of the season and I've had the service since its inception in the 80's.

Clear and orchestrated has never been clearer nor more orchestrated - our combined enemies are determined to put us down.

When I see the photograph of Stretford, Gooner and Livarpool big-wigs cosying up to each other over lunch, I can't help wonder what secretive societies and anti-arab racism are represented round that table. Add in complicit, compliant media and it's hard to believe that this is being orchestrated at anything other than the very highest level. Been in Finland since Sunday with family and whilst gutted at what has happened am still and always will be walking around in my city colours Some Snidey looks but not a word Hope City destroy these hateful media cnuts

Allegedly.

As a fan of another team, I find this very interesting. But what strikes me after reading a lot of this thread is that there's a lot of blame-game going on here. I've read a lot of blame towards other clubs, the FA and PL, but very few, if any, are talking about the real case and the substance in the accusations. If there's done something wrong, which the enquiry will find out, surely there has to be consequences?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.