Player topic: Sergio Aguero (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's now scored 115 goals in 175 games for us. Frank Roberts is currently 10th on our all-time top scorers list with 129. So he'll probably get into the top 10 this season, maybe even top 8 as 9th(Fred Tilson) and 8th(Billy Gillespie) have both scored 132.

Edit- sorry didn't see that list above!

This table, taken from Wiki, is City's top 10 all time goalscorers.

(sorry it won't tabulate well)

Whilst Sergio is 15 goals away from making that list, what is amazing is that he has achieved so much in just over four years. On that list, Franny Lee scored his goals in the shortest time, but that was seven years. Even acknowledging his injury record, if Sergio stays at City for the next two full seasons after this one, I would expect him to top City's all time scorers chart. He could even do it next season if he has a clear run without injuries, because 30 goals a season for Kun in all competitions is very do-able.

We are watching an absolute City legend being made right before our eyes.
and look where Colin Bell is in that list
and from midfield, and some of the youngsters wonder why we still hold him in such high esteem

Aguero, while in his "slump," always looked like he would score. He was just unlucky for the past few games.

Said it before... wouldn't trade Kun for any striker on the planet.

and from midfield, and some of the youngsters wonder why we still hold him in such high esteem

Don't forget also that Nijinsky had a horrendous injury break in the time he played for City as well, and for about half the time he was with City he wasn't in a team that was really challenging for trophies.

As to the youngsters, don't know they're born, half of them. Mind you, they never believe us when we tell them either how good we were back in the day, or how shit we were back in - well - the other day. I remember when we were so shit we lost a game when the other side didn't even have a shot on target.

Don't forget also that Nijinsky had a horrendous injury break in the time he played for City as well, and for about half the time he was with City he wasn't in a team that was really challenging for trophies.

As to the youngsters, don't know they're born, half of them. Mind you, they never believe us when we tell them either how good we were back in the day, or how shit we were back in - well - the other day. I remember when we were so shit we lost a game when the other side didn't even have a shot on target.
Bloody Boro'

he was cut down in his prime ,28 ish ,didnt take the penaltys or direct free kicks,awesome

Have to say that I absolutely nailed it with this post.

I thought that moment in the 87th minute when Aguero received the ball at midfield and drew the yellow card on Dominguez was absolutely huge. In that moment, he looked like Sergio Aguero. He was absolutely sprinting to turn him and had him beat were it not for the foul. It's felt like Sergio was operating at about 70% pace for much of this season.. just hasn't really looked right or up for it. But in that moment, my fears were allayed. Not at all surprised he earned a penalty two minutes later and then almost scored a second a few minutes after that.

I think that moment was a big turning point for his season. It seemed like it just clicked for him.

Indeed Chris, 'Our Col' was the real life "Roy of the Rovers" .... clearing a ball off the line, onto the wings, then sprinting the full length of the pitch to head/volley/tap it in from the same move!

I am liking KDB a lot, a real lot, but he has some way to go to get anywhere near The King in my opinion. Not knocking KDB's start at all, but its exactly that, a start, comparison's with past greats are always unfair as I know we all hold them in the highest esteem in our blue tinted minds.... But Colin Bell was truly exceptional and players like him only come along once in a lifetime. Hopefully KDB will go on to become a legend and we will then compare future greats with him :-)

Indeed Chris, 'Our Col' was the real life "Roy of the Rovers" .... clearing a ball off the line, onto the wings, then sprinting the full length of the pitch to head/volley/tap it in from the same move!

I am liking KDB a lot, a real lot, but he has some way to go to get anywhere near The King in my opinion. Not knocking KDB's start at all, but its exactly that, a start, comparison's with past greats are always unfair as I know we all hold them in the highest esteem in our blue tinted minds.... But Colin Bell was truly exceptional and players like him only come along once in a lifetime. Hopefully KDB will go on to become a legend and we will then compare future greats with him :-)

I used to drink with an Arsenal supporter and he was at Maine Road for the FA Cup tie the year they did the Double (1971). The match was postponed on the Saturday and played the following Tuesday or Wednesday.

He said at one point, City were on the attack and The King had a shot saved by Bob Wilson. Arsenal immediately launched a counterattack, which resulted in a shot on our goal.

Who was there to clear it off the line? Yep, Colin Bell.

My mate said his immediate reaction was, "Where the fuck did he come from?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.