race the real issue in the US election.

LEE BRADBURY said:
I was more trying to make the point that democracy is flawed

Here in the united kingdom we have a very high Islamic community, what if a scenario ever presented itself where by an Islamic candidate who had visions of Britain being an Islamic state with Sharia law ran for office (all hypothetical I know), it is disturbing to think that entire communities could potentially vote for such a person on skin colour alone .a bit scary

The muslim community makes up about 3% of the total population in the UK .. It would require that figure to rise a considerable amount for such an occurrence. There is no way the UK would allow for that to Happen. Immigration is being tightened, new laws for people that are coming into the country and various other factors lead me to believe that it would ever happen.

brooklandsblue said:
tommcfc said:
brooklandsblue said:
It should not come into it..... I was going to post about the BBC's report on Lewis Hamilton last night where they constantly made a point of him being 'the first black world champion' why should that even be mentioned??

because it's fact
he is the first black world champion so whats wrong with mentioning it?
or were you planning on starting another thread called: "the racist, anti semetic, anti zionist, granny bashing, baby killing BBC" and bore some more people to death?

Not saying it's racist but why should skin colour come into it?

Because its the world we live in .. where the fuck were you born man and where have you been living .. IT'S FACT .. so that why it was mentioned, along with his age, does that make them ageist too ..

If you think race has been an issue in the US elections wait until our European elections next may where the BNP are going all out to get seats.

Thankfully UKIP have already told them to fuck off.

brooklandsblue said:
tommcfc said:
brooklandsblue said:
It should not come into it..... I was going to post about the BBC's report on Lewis Hamilton last night where they constantly made a point of him being 'the first black world champion' why should that even be mentioned??

because it's fact
he is the first black world champion so whats wrong with mentioning it?
or were you planning on starting another thread called: "the racist, anti semetic, anti zionist, granny bashing, baby killing BBC" and bore some more people to death?

Not saying it's racist but why should skin colour come into it?

its not really "come into it" it has just been mentioned a lot as he will now go down in history as the first black driver to win it, as well as the youngest, as will Obama if he wins the presidential race it will be said a lot that he is the first black president because its the first time its happened. and when something happens for the first time it will be said a lot. whats the big deal with it?

It does when they state 'black' no need IMO....same as 'African American' when someone is thrid generation born in the USA..... the African creates a division.

If obamma wins he will be assassinated.then it will kick off big time in america...scary

brooklandsblue said:
It does when they state 'black' no need IMO....same as 'African American' when someone is thrid generation born in the USA..... the African creates a division.

That's the norm over here, I would say. so if the people use it themselves, then it should be reported the same way.

brooklandsblue said:

why is there no need? its not being said in an offensive or derogatory manner its merely an observation of their skin colour. it's not said to create a 'division' or anything its just fact. it seems that you are just determined to try and prove a point about something with either the bbc or people stating someones race?

brooklandsblue said:

So many people think "Negro" is racist. People use every other word under the sun before they use the proper term. One that gets me is "coloured". Wtf? everyone is "coloured"...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.