race the real issue in the US election.

tommcfc said:
brooklandsblue said:
It does when they state 'black' no need IMO....same as 'African American' when someone is thrid generation born in the USA..... the African creates a division.

why is there no need? its not being said in an offensive or derogatory manner its merely an observation of their skin colour. it's not said to create a 'division' or anything its just fact. it seems that you are just determined to try and prove a point about something with either the bbc or people stating someones race?

I am not saying it is Tom. I am saying that it should no longer merit being said in this day and age!! He is a man, pure and simple why should it be special or noteworthy that he is a 'black' man.

18Zulukiller said:
sixlashes said:
If obamma wins he will be assassinated.then it will kick off big time in america...scary

There's been two assassination plots stopped already hasn't there ?

And how many against George W. Gump?

I'm guessing quite a few otherwise the yanks wouldn't insist on the 5 mile free radius around him everytime he goes abroad.

mat said:
18Zulukiller said:
sixlashes said:
If obamma wins he will be assassinated.then it will kick off big time in america...scary

There's been two assassination plots stopped already hasn't there ?

And how many against George W. Gump?

I'm guessing quite a few otherwise the yanks wouldn't insist on the 5 mile free radius around him everytime he goes abroad.

Indeed: see the ring-of-steel erected in Sydney for the APEC meeting last year. Not that it stopped the Chaser boys: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdnAaQ0n5-8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdnAaQ0n5-8</a>

ElanJo said:
LEE BRADBURY said:
I was more trying to make the point that democracy is flawed

Here in the united kingdom we have a very high Islamic community, what if a scenario ever presented itself where by an Islamic candidate who had visions of Britain being an Islamic state with Sharia law ran for office (all hypothetical I know), it is disturbing to think that entire communities could potentially vote for such a person on skin colour alone .a bit scary

Pure Democracy = Dictatorship
so true my friend,so true.

brooklandsblue said:
tommcfc said:
brooklandsblue said:
It does when they state 'black' no need IMO....same as 'African American' when someone is thrid generation born in the USA..... the African creates a division.

why is there no need? its not being said in an offensive or derogatory manner its merely an observation of their skin colour. it's not said to create a 'division' or anything its just fact. it seems that you are just determined to try and prove a point about something with either the bbc or people stating someones race?

I am not saying it is Tom. I am saying that it should no longer merit being said in this day and age!! He is a man, pure and simple why should it be special or noteworthy that he is a 'black' man.

I know what you're saying but all i'm trying to say is that this is the first time a black person has been president, won the f1 championship and so people will mention it.
if another black person wins the US presidential race next year it will barely be mentioned but as this is the first time its bound to be mentioned.
just the same as if a white person was to run to be president of zimbabwe (not that thats going to happen)

its always been about colour, its just that some people choose to pretend it is nothing to do with it...anyway closer to home look what blair and brown have done with our money for scotland...will the new black president do the same for black people in america...you bet

Maybe this is what is needed for blacks all over the world to feel equal put all the bad feelings to bed, maybe we will turn a corner if he is elected, maybe blacks will no longer feel inferior to the white man with a black man being the most powerful man on the planet, maybe I am being naive because I don’t understand the complexity of how a black person feels, I do think there is more going on here than just an election, there is no doubt he will be idolised across the entire planet by millions of blacks, it might well be a defining moment ,as others have mentioned though it could also bring him a bullet in the head.

maybe it kept getting mentioned because a black woman quite high up in the bbc asked them to do it, this is the same woman who has been there about 9 months and in her first interview stated that not enough black people are on t v...have you not noticed all the new weather people and news journalists, or maybe you just think it will go away..and before you say it, no i m not a racist

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.