Raheem Sterling - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been neck and neck with Silva for Player of the Season and after 1 game, people are comparing him with Zaha.
Incredible.

Not that he doesn't frustrate me, but so does Sane. Then i remember how young they both are.

He's been neck and neck with Silva for Player of the Season and after 1 game, people are comparing him with Zaha.
Incredible.

Not that he doesn't frustrate me, but so does Sane. Then i remember how young they both are.
Yep. You just have to compare the Sane thread to this one and you get the feeling that some people just wants to slate Sterling. Sane was just as bad as Sterling yesterday but despite Sterling having the better season of the two he's suddenly compared to Zaha and Sane getting excuses. Btw thre's nothing wrong with excusing Sane for his performance yesterday as he's so young and it was arguably one of the biggest games he's played in but Sterling is only one year older and I think people tend to forget about that or just ignore it.

Yep. You just have to compare the Sane thread to this one and you get the feeling that some people just wants to slate Sterling. Sane was just as bad as Sterling yesterday but despite Sterling having the better season of the two he's suddenly compared to Zaha and Sane getting excuses. Btw thre's nothing wrong with excusing Sane for his performance yesterday as he's so young and it was arguably one of the biggest games he's played in but Sterling is only one year older and I think people tend to forget about that or just ignore it.

Not fair to compare the 2 though really is it ? Apart from ages and both international footballers aside,one has come to this country to learn his trade in a new enviroment,was held back before eventually being let loose,and all have been excited,the other came with a reputation, a big price tag,and was gonna be a massive boost for us,as we all saw that potential when he wore a red shirt,do you need a hand in deciding which one I'm describing first then second ?

Not fair to compare the 2 though really is it ? Apart from ages and both international footballers aside,one has come to this country to learn his trade in a new enviroment,was held back before eventually being let loose,and all have been excited,the other came with a reputation, a big price tag,and was gonna be a massive boost for us,as we all saw that potential when he wore a red shirt,do you need a hand in deciding which one I'm describing first then second ?
How does any of that affect Sane being a lazy bastard for 75 minutes yesterday?

Sorry but thats just pure bullshit. Sane was held back because he was shit in his first months. And Sane also came with a reputation of being one of the best young players in the world and just as Sterling with a huge price tag. If you look at the season as a whole Sterling has outperformed Sane imo and even if you just look at 2017 there hasnt been much between them I think.

How does any of that affect Sane being a lazy bastard for 75 minutes yesterday?

Sane has been a bit of a lazy bastard for a lot of games recently,I'll grant you that,but when he has a few moments of magic,and you have seen them as well,he excites us all,I mean going attacking a full back and nearly getting a cross in,is far better than seeing Sterling either run with the ball and fall over,or beat his man,then come all the way back up the line to try and beat him again,going away from goal,then inevitable pass to our full back,yea sound that

Sorry but thats just pure bullshit. Sane was held back because he was shit in his first months. And Sane also came with a reputation of being one of the best young players in the world and just as Sterling with a huge price tag. If you look at the season as a whole Sterling has outperformed Sane imo and even if you just look at 2017 there hasnt been much between them I think.

It's only pure bullshit to you mate as you are a "Raheem protector",that is fine,each see a game and players abilities differently,to me the truth has been seen a lot more in recent games,with Sterling,quite rightly,dropped,and that is the truth,no doubt some will say he's had a knock,and not fully fit,now that is pure bullshit imo,if not fit he wouldn't be on the bench,he's gonna be the biggest money flop since Steve Daley at our club,mark my words

It's only pure bullshit to you mate as you are a "Raheem protector",that is fine,each see a game and players abilities differently,to me the truth has been seen a lot more in recent games,with Sterling,quite rightly,dropped,and that is the truth,no doubt some will say he's had a knock,and not fully fit,now that is pure bullshit imo,if not fit he wouldn't be on the bench,he's gonna be the biggest money flop since Steve Daley at our club,mark my words
I agree that he hasnt been at his best this last month but he still had a great game against Hull two weeks ago but was still on the bench against Saints the week after which seems strange. And it is a possiblity that he has a small injury because his movement hasn't been as good as it used to lately and apart from the Hull games he seems afraid at running against their defenders.

I agree that he hasnt been at his best this last month but he still had a great game against Hull two weeks ago but was still on the bench against Saints the week after which seems strange. And it is a possiblity that he has a small injury because his movement hasn't been as good as it used to lately and apart from the Hull games he seems afraid at running against their defenders.

I don't want to fall out over this mate,as others have tried in this thread,but seriously the excuses are running out now,so we both can compromise on it,but you just hit a big nail on the head there,in 4 little words,"great game against Hull".................I need say no more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.