Raheem Sterling - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sane has been a bit of a lazy bastard for a lot of games recently,I'll grant you that,but when he has a few moments of magic,and you have seen them as well,he excites us all,I mean going attacking a full back and nearly getting a cross in,is far better than seeing Sterling either run with the ball and fall over,or beat his man,then come all the way back up the line to try and beat him again,going away from goal,then inevitable pass to our full back,yea sound that
Last I checked, Sterling has far more, and more successful, take ons than Sane.

You're describing the opposite players. Sane is as frustrating as can be one on one, at least with Sterling he takes his man on more often than not. Played into space, Sane turns it on, played into feet and he slows down something fierce far too often.

Sterling "attacks the full back and tries to get a cross in" far more often than Sane, and more successfully.

Last I checked, Sterling has far more, and more successful, take ons than Sane.

You're describing the opposite players. Sane is as frustrating as can be one on one, at least with Sterling he takes his man on more often than not. Played into space, Sane turns it on, played into feet and he slows down something fierce far too often.

Sterling "attacks the full back and tries to get a cross in" far more often than Sane, and more successfully.

OK,well even though my patience is over for this season,Guardiola sees it differently,as one is getting a start,the other isn't,so I'm pretty confident in saying which one's I'm describing

Disappointing.

Did very little today just like at Wembley.

Needs to perform in the big games instead of shying away.

Not one of Sterling's better games in a blue shirt but he did try and makes things happen.

Last edited:
Thought he was ok, if not solid. Definitely better than Sane, even though the latter one always has in himself some magic moment, whilst Sterling seems to be a more stable performer, but not that decisive/spectacular.

He'll be a bit part player next season, if at all.

We'll never play up to our potential if he is a first-choice starter in one of the 3 attacking spots. I like the kid. But a poor decision maker, too timid with the ball at his feet and his next shot at goal with any power will be his first. Squad player.

We'll never play up to our potential if he is a first-choice starter in one of the 3 attacking spots. I like the kid. But a poor decision maker, too timid with the ball at his feet and his next shot at goal with any power will be his first. Squad player.
Exactly. It's not a case of liking him or not, he's a notch below what's needed and I'm certain pep knows it too.

It never ceases to amaze me how people rush to slag off Sterling at the slightest opportunity.

At Wembley Pep gave him a shit role, playing in the middle, slightly right of Aguero while Navas was overlapping into the wide areas where Sterling has been so successful all season, it didn't work but he certainly tried.

Today, Mourinho literally made sure 4 players boxed him in whenever the ball went out wide to him, and it pretty much nullified him part from a few occasions where by a lot of hard work he beat a couple of players and had a run, or put together some 1-2's and beat his multiple markers.

Thats not him having a bad game, that's Mourinho seeing that our wingers are the threat, doubling down on stopping them and no one in the middle taking advantage of the space it left. Aguero kept dropping into the huge gap they left, but it should have been Yaya or Fernandinho exploiting United overcommitting out wide to stop the wingers.

I suppose it's just easier to come on here and say how shit he is than look at that though. We'll probably have a few reminding everyone they thought he was shit all along too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.