Shay Facey

Discussion in 'EDS and Academy Forum' started by FantasyIreland, 24 Feb 2014.

1. CityStu

CityStu

Getting that experience is important at some stage in a players' development, but I can't see a good argument for why that step should be taken at NYCFC rather than a better club in a better league in Europe.

2. shroom

shroom

Starting for NYC FC today @Colorado

3. moomba

moomba

Good. Best defender in the squad from pre/early season displays.

4. Hungarian blue

Hungarian blue

This has just happened, they left out that shaky player and brought Facey to the first eleven.

5. Mad Eyed Screamer

Mad Eyed Screamer

Sent off, second yellow card 82nd minute.......

6. BringBackSwales

BringBackSwales

Any idea how he did before being sent off?

7. Nelly's Left Foot

Nelly's Left Foot

I only saw the 2nd half but he seemed to be doing fine.The first yellow was taking one for the team to stop a breakaway but the 2nd was poor. He should have recognised the situation and stayed on his feet.He was actually lucky a penalty wasn't given as it was very very borderline.

8. Gaudion M

Gaudion M

He looked good on the ball but played a safe steady game in possession, didn’t get forward much. He did well against some pacey forwards in defence. I didn’t see the second yellow but the first stopped a breakaway that most experienced defenders would have done.

I’ve watched most of two games now and think the level is reasonable, no worse than European under 21 football and when you add in the big crowds and big tv audience it is great experience.

9. MC ID

MC ID

He did well enough but a big factor in the game was the altitude of the stadium, the thin air meant players got knackered so much quicker than normal.

10. Wreckless Alec

Wreckless Alec

Thought he had a decent game against Montreal. Looked comfortable at that level and more mature than last time I watched him.