Stories and songs from 08/09 season

Javier Garrido coming on and giving the worst 30 minute performance I have ever seen by a left-back against Aalborg. Defensively, the worst left back I've ever seen at City. The game went to penalties and I was that pissed off at Garrido's performance, I couldn't watch extra time or penalties (which we won). Probably the first time I ever turned off a City game.

Good:-

The European trips, went to Barnsley(!), Midjtylland, Schalke, Copenhagen and Hamburg, great fun and I even managed to get lost in the blizzard after the Copenhagen game, wandered around for half an hour in the driving snow and stumbled across a train station eventually - nothing to do with pre-match booze, not at all!

The Tevez "Herman Munster" song, pity we had to stop singing it when he signed for us. ;-)

Bad:-

THAT FA Cup defeat by Forest, I'd have sacked Hughes straight after that, especially as he'd fucked up at Brighton in the League Cup as well.

More context needed haha

Best I can do mate.
http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/large-inflatable-penis.116965/

090416-032-Man-City-Hamburg-Version-2.jpg

Last edited:
To add to the collection of weird stories from that season.

I remember going to a home game at Barnsley's home ground vs EB/Streymur, that was a fucking weird one.

Was anyone at the Aston Villa game, first day of the season. What was that like?
My lad was mascot that day which was a fantastic experience for both of us. We were in the dressing room pre-match and I had an awkward chat with Les. Brilliant day regardless of the result for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.