The Boxing thread

A genuine corker of a fight. one that will live long in the memory. great to see an old warrior carried out on his shield and not just take the money and drop. Some fucking chin. that uppercut he took was unbelievable.

Had me on my feet that! Absolute belter!!

Massive respect to Klitschko for that fight though, and Joshua tbf because at one point he looked gone.

Great fight.

You had to be on it from the start of every round because there were quite a few where one or the other, or both, came out swinging... The 4th, 5th and 6th rounds were incredible.

I though Klitschko looked really good, and looked the most likely, once he'd weathered the 5th round storm. But he caught Joshua with two big shots later in that round and looked nailed on to finish him in the 6th. How Joshua survived that is beyond me. He was gone.

At that point it looked like it wouldn't go much further but once Joshua was back in the room he just overpowered him. That upper-cut will live long in the memory...

Anyway, great fight and heavyweight boxing at it's absolute best.

Great fight.

You had to be on it from the start of every round because there were quite a few where one or the other, or both, came out swinging... The 4th, 5th and 6th rounds were incredible.

I though Klitschko looked really good, and looked the most likely, once he'd weathered the 5th round storm. But he caught Joshua with two big shots later in that round and looked nailed on to finish him in the 6th. How Joshua survived that is beyond me. He was gone.

At that point it looked like it wouldn't go much further but once Joshua was back in the room he just overpowered him. That upper-cut will live long in the memory...

Anyway, great fight and heavyweight boxing at it's absolute best.
I wouldn't even say he impressed in surviving, Klitschko for some reason let him survive. AJ was ready to go, Wlad was content with winning the rounds.

Fukin ace. One good thing to come out of the 3 sporty things for us/me in the last week. Well, s'pose the rags didn't beat us so that's kind of a plus too - but then you can't win a fight if you don't throw a punch, so it was impossible for them to beat us.

88d54a64f959287de6fd5843b9947a1f.png

In my filthy casual fan way i predict Joshua will destroy Fury.

Yeah. When people say Fury didn't get hit against Vlad so his win means he'd beat AJ, I just don't agree. It fails to take other variables into account. It's like saying Palace beat Chelsea and we lost to Chelsea so Palace will beat us comfortably.

Thought klitscho was superb up to that punch. Winning fairly comfortably but when u get hit by that punch it's game over. AJ will learn so much from that and make him a better boxer.

I had Joshua up by one going into the 11th and clearly the stronger of the two. Joshua took 3 or 4 rounds off from the start of the sixth but that was simply good fight management.

People keep saying this, and I agree, but the official scorecards had Joshua up by 3, 2 and Vlad up by two in the other so AJ was winning the fight and looking the stronger in the 11th even before he caught him with that beauty.

Totally agree.

Be interesting because i think both Fury and Wilder will think they can beat AJ regardless of this win. Fury when he beat Klitschko did it a hell of a lot easier than AJ did tonight - Fury will have recognised that. Wilder would be looking at AJ lack of defence which is evident.

The main thing is that heavyweight boxing is back and will grab the headlines again

This is EXACTLY what I meant when saying Wilder would KO Joshua, at this stage.

It took a straight right, through the Joshua guard, to wake him up! Credit where credit is due that AJ started to actually box and move his head off centre line, for a while after, but then went back to 'walking through punches'. I've seen so many revert to having their head still on the centre line, that I totally expected a Klitschko KO!

So, Joshua proved he can be a 'smart fighter' Roy Jones-esque, if he wants to.

So hope he sees that as the way to go.

I wouldn't even say he impressed in surviving, Klitschko for some reason let him survive. AJ was ready to go, Wlad was content with winning the rounds.

I think you give AJ no credit for bobbing and weaving enough to get his facilities back in order. By the end of the second round of doing that, you could visibly see the confidence surge back in him.

Give him some credit for not being a sitting duck at his most vulnerable point!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.