The metro tonight

If,at the end of a match, two people left the stadium and one of them used public transport and the other walked it, who do you think would reach Piccadilly station /gardens first ?
I think that the bookies would struggle to offer odds against the person walking!
It might be a draw if the walker had two broken legs.

The bus service was a joke, so slow it was painful and coming home from Picadilly was a joke. To compound the problem someone decided to dig up the road around Deasgate locks, a four way traffic light system was in place. No wonder fans stay at home and watch it on TV. On the last daft survey City sent me I made a huge point of telling them about the tram, lucky for them I am not doing it today.

This is Manchester trying to be up there with the big citys of the world and failing miserably. Ive never had any issues with any subway/tram system in any other city other than my own, its a piss take. I dont think ive ever been on it without there being some kind of delay

The Metro is a joke. A complete joke.
Worse on a Sunday too.
Easy to resolve too.
[1] All Piccalilly services should terminate at the Etihad on match days for two hours before and one hour after a game finishes.
[2] Just how difficult is it to queue up 4 or 5 multi carriage units prior to the final whistle?

The Metro is a joke. A complete joke.
Worse on a Sunday too.
Easy to resolve too.
[1] All Piccalilly services should terminate at the Etihad on match days for two hours before and one hour after a game finishes.
[2] Just how difficult is it to queue up 4 or 5 multi carriage units prior to the final whistle?

Two points well made, another improvement would be to double the width of the eastbound platform at Ashburys Station and get more services to stop there on matchdays

Two points well made, another improvement would be to double the width of the eastbound platform at Ashburys Station and get more services to stop there on matchdays
What happened to special timetables for match day. I'm sure if the club bunged GMPTE a few quid it could happen. Police would ok it as it would get rid quicker.

I used to get bus back after matches. Now I manage to get to Piccadilly far quicker walking. Saves 2 quid a time on a glorified crawl.

Perhaps getting the Trans-Pennine and other routes from the east to stop briefly to save quite a few people going into Piccadilly and then having to come out again?

Trains, buses, trams and automobiles, which ever you choose it becomes a bloody drag.

Clearly everyone on here hasn't been reading the MuEN recently then.

The company that runs our very own Metrolink recently won the "Operator of the Year" & "Technical Innovation – Infrastructure" prizes at the annual Global Light Rail Awards 2016 (must be a bloody good night that one)

They were also highly commended in the "Technical Innovation – Rolling Stock" & "Best Customer Initiative" fields.

If ours is the best, there must be some truly bloody awful "light rail" services around the world. I hate to think how bad Newcastle and Sheffields must be!

Please, try not to spit your tea out at the bit about "it’s clear that Metrolink RATP Dev’s team has earned top spot for their dedication to serving customers in Manchester."

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.../metrolink-operator-named-best-world-12037317

Clearly everyone on here hasn't been reading the MuEN recently then.

The company that runs our very own Metrolink recently won the "Operator of the Year" & "Technical Innovation – Infrastructure" prizes at the annual Global Light Rail Awards 2016 (must be a bloody good night that one)

They were also highly commended in the "Technical Innovation – Rolling Stock" & "Best Customer Initiative" fields.

If ours is the best, there must be some truly bloody awful "light rail" services around the world. I hate to think how bad Newcastle and Sheffields must be!

Please, try not to spit your tea out at the bit about "it’s clear that Metrolink RATP Dev’s team has earned top spot for their dedication to serving customers in Manchester."

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.../metrolink-operator-named-best-world-12037317
Is that one of those organisations that pass the award round each year to ensure everybody gets a prize.

The people who awarded it have obviously never been to Manchester because there is not a week that goes by without some problem on the network.

The match day service is truly appalling and the dirth of double trams both before and after a match is a bloody disgrace.

Every time they get the chief executive on to Radio Manchester he is let of lightly and is full of platitudes and promises which never happen.

Things will only get worse as they are hell bent on expanding the network when they can not manage what they have now to an acceptable level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.